I need some crappie

Discussion in 'Crappie Fishing' started by reloader1220_270, Apr 26, 2007.

1. reloader1220_270

reloader1220_270 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i was just wondering whats the best bait for crappie i use beetle spins and fresh water shrimp. i just wanted to know if there was a better bait. and also where can i find big ones at . sign reloader1220_270

2. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
    First off, welcome to the BOC Robert. I usually use jigs or minnows and normally fish for crappie around brush piles submerged in the water.

3. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Welcome to the BOC, right now here anyway, they are getting ready for the spawn, so if you look for mud or small gravel banks in coves you should find some in the pre spawn mode.

4. reloader1220_270

reloader1220_270 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    thanks for the info i mainly fish small ponds and verry little streems but mainly ponds in sampson co. north carolina. but i do than kyou for the info now i need to know what colors and types too use

5. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma

I'd have an assortment of colors on hand. Crappie can be very picky about colors. Just try a few and see which they bite on the best.

6. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Also try different depths by simply adding or subtracting some splitshot. The size of the baits are sometimes a factor also. HTH