I need some advice on how to fish this weekend

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by truckin4x4, Jul 27, 2006.

1. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    hey guys i'm going fishing with a couple of my buddies this weekend and want to show them up. where going to be fishing 5 ponds on one of there uncles land. i here there loaded with all kinds of cats. what should i use for bait? and any other advice you can give me

2. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    fresh cut-bait,shrimp,or chicken livers if you are after channel,cats,also hogwild dip bait works good in most ponds

3. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    i would start off with small to mid-sized livebait and see how they hit that

4. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

garlic chicken livers, night crawlers and bream cut/whole. Are always good pond baits IMO.

5. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Don't worry about showing them up brother! Just relax and enjoy the day, I find that just taking it as it comes and having fun is the best technique for fishing. Like Big George says, get some elastic thread from a crafts store and tie on some fresh bloody chicken livers.

6. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    hey thanks guys for all the advice. it's not that i need to show them up but the last few times we have went out i haven't cought a fish and they were. when ever we get togeather we always have a good time. and thats what its all about