I need opinions\advice on a Mossberg 100 ATR

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by Marcos, Nov 27, 2008.

1. Marcos

Marcos New Member

State:
    Texas
    Does anyone own or has anyone purchased a Mossberg 100 ATR rifle? Academy has a MOSSBERG 100 ATR SCOPED RIFLE COMBO for $299.99 they have .243 .270 or 30-06 I am considering the 30-06. Are they worth it? Or should I save my pennies and wait get something like the Remington 700 or a Savage. The price on these other two are atleast double or more in most cases.

2. vfourmax

vfourmax New Member

State:
    Va
    I do not know anything about the Mossberg but a couple of hundred more will buy you the Savage and out of the box rated as one of the best shooters you can buy in a production rifle.

I would save a few more pennies and get the Savage if it were me.

3. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    I don't know a thing about those, but, sounds ,,,,

I just think you get what you pay for,,:wink:

4. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    With your average shooter (decent scope) and middle of the road hunting ammo shot from a bench rest not a ransom rest you should be looking at 1.5 to 3 MOA groups.

Out of the box, its good value for the hunting money.

5. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    mossberg is ok for the money but if you can save up for the savage i've had several savage models over the years and liked them all never any problems

6. whodaman

whodaman New Member

State:
    Des Moines Iowa
    i have a mossberg sidebolt action 410 shotgun. its older then i am and still shoots like a champ. the bolt is easy to clean and so is the rilfe id say its worth the money

7. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    You mentioned Rem 700 in your post as an option, for more money. and it'll more than likely give you sub MOA groups with the remington green box ammo. If that matters to you. I'm not a Remington fan either, but, they DO shoot. :big_smile:

8. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Its a good rifle for the money and it will kill every bit as good as the Savage and Remington. I know this because I have all three and they all shoot pretty much the same but the Mossberg didn't hurt my wallet as bad as the other two.