Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 12' aluminum v-bottom boat. I would like to take it out between the low head dam at the water treatment plant in Dover and the low head dam by the mall in New Phila. Any good places along there to put the boat in? Any major hazards (besides the low head dams) to look out for?

· Registered
1,104 Posts
You can put in right below the Lowhead at Dover. You just want to go on the opposite side of the river from the poop plant. Really easy to launch. the only problem there is when the water is low.....downstream you have long runs of very shallow water. I took the flatbottom through there and it was a pain. We were smallie fishing and I could hardly fish a good chunk of that stretch until we got down to phila because of having to constantly watching for draggin bottom. There is some good fishin through there though. If you launch right below the dam make sure to spend some time fishing there. You can work that whole area and it can hold everything. The only hazards are the shallow areas. With a v you will prob have more trouble with those areas than with a canoe or flatbottom. Once you get down to the mall area, it would be easiest to take out by the bridge....the buehler's parking lot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.