I need Help!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by pk_powell, Oct 24, 2007.

1. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Seriously I do. I got big ole tears in my eyes cause I need to know something. Since our web site has gotton so big I need to know if there is an MD or DO in the house. If not is there a Family Nurse Practioner? I got something wrong with me and no one has any answers for me. I need answers. My symptoms are my feet and legs are swelling. No one knows why. They have tested me for Blood Clots that is negative they tested me for Congestive Heart Failure that too is negative (Praise God) I do not want my ticker acting up at 48. My feet and legs are painful and sore. I use my Cabela's walking sticks to help get my self around. Steve helps put me to bed. I started eating well swallowing raw Garlic that is suppose to be a natural health vegtable. Then I chew up raw parsley like a cow that chews her cud to take care of foul garlic breath. I also use flax seed as that is suppose to be a Fiber that is really good for your heart. If there is a trained and licensed Professional among us please contact me by PM. Sincerely Sister Pat, P.S. I am also open to old fashioned Indian or Home Remedys too. I am determined to get my health back. I have to stick around for all of you cause I love you all so very much! You would not believe how much you all mean to me as I said before even Steve is astonished,but rest assured those feelings are as real as if we were all connected by blood.Staff I hope I have not said anything wrong if I have it wasn't intentional!!!:big_smile::crazy:

2. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    I'm not a doctor, heck don't even play as a doctor on tv, nor have I stayed at a Holiday Inn lately.
    But saw an episode a long time ago on TLC, and the person they were showing had the same problem. Swollen legs and lose of mobility. They couldn't figure it out either. But long story short, the lymph ducts weren't working properly and the legs were filling up with the fluid. A nurse took Ace bandages and wrapped the legs to force the fluids up. When the fluids were expelled and she started exercising again, the lymph ducts started working normal again.

Something to suggest next time you see a Dr.

Will :004:

3. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I will see what the Doctor seems to think of that suggestion. Much Peace and many Blessings to you Brother. Thank you for caring enough to post and strive to help your BOC Sister. It is deeply appreciated! ~~~~Sister Pat:big_smile:

4. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Hi Pat,
    As you know, Im no doc but I sincerely hope that you can find the help you need and get better soon. Mean time I'll be praying for ya.

5. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I sincerely appreciate your prayers. Too bad there isn't some way you could ask your Military Doctor that is oversea's with you,get his suggestions then e-mail them to me. I want my health and life back and I fight like a dog with a bone to get them back. Take Care Brother, I hope you can come home real soon!~~~~~Sister Pat:big_smile:

6. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Pk is the swelling muscular are fluid? Fluid can be caused by a laundry list of things: Decreased kindey function( diabetes), decreased liver function( rare usually caused by hardening of the liver), CHF, DVT's, poor circulation, stasis dermititis, to much salt and water in your diet and so on. Those of course are not all of them and All of which can be treated with medications. The best thing for you to do is keep your feet propped up and take it easy. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Let us know if you find out anymore. I forgot to say I am not a doctor, PA, NP are any of the other things you mentioned. My limited experience comes for working EMS for about 14 years before getting the job with DUke PD.

7. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I wish I knew the answears but I just dont.......I dont even have any good suggestions except try several doctors...................Man this is tough,keep us posted .
    You are in our thoughts and prayers and we wish you the best

8. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Circulation is the 1st thing that I thought of. I was wondering if it tingles at all or if it is triggered by certain positions. Not a doctor either but just fishing around.

9. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Pat, I suggest that you visit WebMD if you haven't already. Lots and lots of good information I have been using their site for a couple of years now. Use the system checker. I believe that the more informed you are about your health the more you can help your doctor treat you when a malady arises. good luck honey :big_smile: .http://www.webmd.com/default.htm

10. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I think I'm starting to come out of my Percocet Haze,MMR said I just sent him the same message 3 times. I was up all night last night with swelling from knee's down and lots of pain. Now the swelling isn't severe just enough that you can tell it's going on. If I get up to walk it really hurts. I wasn't wantin Steve outta my sight,he spent the night layin beside me strivin to help get me comfortable. I'd fall asleep temporarily and wake up crying cause I hurt so bad I didn't think I'd ever talk or see you guys again if ya know what I mean. The Doctors got no idea why I swell they had no idea why I was havin the "Tennesee Trots"My New Doctor found out real easy what was causing the trots,it was my medicine I was on two of em that are notorious for giving a patient that side effect. My Heart is fine no CHF(congestive Heart Failure) My Liver enzymes they said were up just a tiny amount. Nothing to get scared about ,they just wanted to keep an eye on it. Just directly below my knee's they are both very sore to the touch.That area is exactly where the pain comes from. There is no tingling,just pain. Can't stand up when I do pain severely radiates into my knee's once I struggle and I do mean struggle to stand then with canes I can slowly make it where I need to go if it's the bathroom it's hard to set down I get it done but it's hard to do. The standing is withEXTREME DIFFICULTY. That's about all I know to say. Now anyone with any answers I am listening!!~~~~Sister Pat

11. Wally

Wally New Member

State:
    FLORIDA
    Sister Pat,
    As you know, my dear wife Pam, had Gastric Bypass to loose about 200+ lbs. from 409 - 197,in about 1 years time. Size 6 X down to size 16. It was nessary or the Dr. said she would be dead in about 4 or 5 years. Since the weight was mostly from around her Abdomin. all the pressure from her waist on her veins and arteries in her upper legs are gone, hence, the swelling in her lower legs gone also. B/P back to normal, No more Dibites. I cannot be sure this would be good for everyone, but I thank God she is in MUCH better overall health as a result.
    If you would like to talk to her, please PM me at any time.

12. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Pat, since you've been tested for blood clots this is probably not your problem but it sounds related. My wife had a bad case of Phlebitis years ago while in her 30's. Now and then she still has problems with leg swelling...especially after traveling in a car or flying. The best relief is elevating the legs. Over the years shes had several Doppler test to check for blood clots for the doctors said it would probably happen again. She has worn support panty hose ever since she had Phlebitis. Also exercised almost daily by walking 3 miles.

13. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Pat,

Ive been thinking. I had an aunt Lola that had what sounds like just what you got. Some doctor around here called it gout. She had to change her diet, as rich foods had a lot to do with it. She was only allowed 4 oz of beef a week. No beans either. She sceamed like crazy at that diet. She was allowed chicken and fish, just not much red meat. But she got better. She got this gout at about 79 years old, and it bothered her as she could not get out in the garden like she liked. After she was on the diet a while, she was getting around great, well a little slow, but she was 79 for gosh sake,and she got around until she died at 86 or 88, I'm not sure. She has been dead a few years, so I can't really ask her what the whole diet was.

Maybe you need to do some research on gout. It's kinda an old fashioned diease, but its still around.

14. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I found you a little about it.

What is Gout?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gout is a condition that is brought on by an excessive amount of uric acid, an end product of purines, in the body. Excess uric acid in the blood, called hyperurecemia, can occur when the body either over-produces uric acid, fails to elimate it properly, or a combination of the two.

http://www.gout-haters.com/WhatIsGout.html

What Should You Scratch From Your Grocery List?

Foods To Avoid

Diets which are high in purines and high in protein have long been suspected of causing an increased risk of gout (a type of arthritis caused by high levels of uric acid in the body which form crystals in the joints, resulting in pain and inflammation). Results from a study led by Dr. Hyon K. Choi, reported in the March 11, 2004 issue of The New England Journal of Medicine, offer an interesting twist.

http://arthritis.about.com/cs/gout/a/foodstoavoid.htm