I need help

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by CatfishRocky, Aug 19, 2006.

1. CatfishRocky

CatfishRocky New Member

State:
    Iowa
    i shoot a 870 exspress with a slug barrel on it i need to now what would be a good slug to us this year 1 with a lot of take down power that would be nice

2. Bayoubear

Bayoubear New Member

State:
    near that hellhole dallas
    the websites of both Federal and Remington have ballistics tables available online, as well as other manufacturers of slugs too. these tables can give you the exact info you seek.

3. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    Just about all the slugs are going to have plenty of power, what you need to find is which one your gun likes. You need to get several different kinds and shoot them, then stick with the most accurate one. You can take two identical guns and they may each shoot a different shell best. Seen this many, many times with rifles, but slug guns can be even more picky about which shell they shoot well. No way to find it out except shoot as many different brands as you can to find out the one your 870 likes. You can't go by what the magazine adds say or what your buddy's gun likes, those are just starting places, you got'a shoot'em through your gun and see. Good luck.

4. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    What they said. Look at the tables and get an idea of the shells youd like to try. Then youll have to go out and put some rounds down range. Good Luck.

5. Edisto Catman

Edisto Catman New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Hornady has a pretty good slug that you might want to look at too!