I need help....

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Fishin_Brud, May 30, 2009.

1. Fishin_Brud

Fishin_Brud New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Got to Butcher Jones, Saguaro lake at 4:30 AM till about 8AM. Used anchovies, worms, and live shad (and dead shad) caught in a castnet. Had 0 runs...
    I always fish from shore as I have no boat and almost always get skunked. Where is the best place for catfishing from shore on Saguaro lake? And what should I use as bait?

2. Fishin_Brud

Fishin_Brud New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Another option for me is canyon lake... Any good cats in there?

3. Overkil

Overkil New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Live bait is the way to go...I was on the lower salt last night with Rcaarizona (rob) and we caught a few that were 7-8 lbs...all on blue gill with one taking cut bait...I used to do worms, chicken liver, etc...those are good for channel cats, etc, but flatties like live bait..

4. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    Im just going to have to be honest. Saguaro absolutely sucks for Flatheads, I do not know why, Because I can consistently catch toads in the Salt river just below Saguaro. If you want Flatheads, throw all that anchovie, stinkbait, shad in the garbage. That is really good Channel cat bait. Go get you some bluegills, I like them about 4-6 inches. Head up to the Upper Salt, cause they are in there, and fish. Or go to the areas I showed you on that map. I went to hidden lake and it is plumb full, and did well. 2 15lbers, 1 27 pounder, 3 5-7 pounders. As long as you are not a weirdo You can come out with me. But I fish weekdays, dang near exclusively. This coming up Wednesday, I am going to Dam below Bar. We have some good honey holes there that we hike into, that most people dont like doing.

5. Fishin_Brud

Fishin_Brud New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Looks like next time i'll try hidden lake.. Is there any bluegills in there I could use as bait or should I catch some beforehand?

6. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    You are stuggling so bad brother, I cant watch it anymore!! Im starting to feel your pain, PM me your number, ill take you out to a lil fav spot of mine, where we consistently catch a couple flatheads a night. this place they are not huge, but they are 5-8 pounders, usually 2 a night, and i have pulled toads out of this spot as well. and its close to town, just a promise you will be tight lipped is all i ask

7. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    yeah......I always get my bluegills in the same water I fish.......well...........Yeah i always get them where i fish LOL. Have fun trying to catch them in the Salt River