I NEED HELP!!!!!!

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by REDNECK1993, Mar 28, 2009.

1. REDNECK1993

REDNECK1993 New Member

State:
    kansas
    i havent been fishing in a while and i need some help on finding some cool places to fish around great bend and ellinwood area

2. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    I'm sure donnie and gus can help you out. They live in your area.

Chris

PS, Welcome to the BOC. try to make it to the 2nd annual Gathering in june at Melvern lake. We are going to be at Turkey point. You will be around some of the best friends and fisherman and learn just about anything you want to know and learn when it comes to fishing and BS.

3. westvirginiacatfish

westvirginiacatfish New Member

State:
    Ronceverte
    Welcome to the B.O.C.:cool2::smile2::smile2:

4. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Yeah , Donnie is our resident PRO Catfisherman. He can put you on all the big boys. :smile2:JK Donnie. :wink:

5. BowieKnife357

BowieKnife357 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Cheyenne Bottoms is just to the north of Great Bend/Ellinwood. Never fished any of the area personaly but if I remember correctly I've heard some good stuff. You also aren't real far away from Wilson Lake or Kanapolis lake, both of which are good to fish. You might wanna check out the KDWP website for some local listings of places to fish too.

6. leadsinker

leadsinker Member

State:
    Wichita, K
    Welcome to the BOC William/Cody

7. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Welcome to the BoC.
    I am pretty sure they know Donnie.
    As well as everyone else in Ellinwood.:smile2:
    Id fish the Ark, but I am a river fisherman. I say everyone else gave you some good options.

8. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Welcome to the BOC William/Cody

9. BowieKnife357

BowieKnife357 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Yeah, I forgot about the Ark going through there, the challenge up there though is finding enough water to fish in. I think I remember a guy from Great Bend telling me that the Ark is all but bone dry through there. Could be wrong though.

10. gdlocal10

gdlocal10 New Member

State:
    kansas
    Welcome to the BOC, I sure youll hook up with plenty of guys that will help you here, there are a good bunch of people here :wink:

11. arkrivercatman

State:
    KS
    There is some water there, just not a whole lot. Definately enough to hold fish though.
    I went up there and fished it last year. Hard to believe is the same river as down here.:smile2:

12. BowieKnife357

BowieKnife357 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    It's pretty shallow/sandy and fairly narrow up there isn't it? Been forever since I've been out that way.

13. arkrivercatman

State:
    KS
    Yeah, there are some nice holes but for the most part its shallow and narrow.
    I have only been up there once, so I dont know a whole lot.:smile2:

14. BowieKnife357

BowieKnife357 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Sounds kinda like what it looks like up in Larned. Wouldn't mind throwing the kayak in on there and see what happens next time I'm out that way.

15. Katatonik

Katatonik New Member

State:
    Ogden, Kansas,
    See? Ask and you shall recieve, that's how it works around here. We'd
    like to see a picture of you holding up a catfish, hopefully one that
    you are proud of. Or of a hundred pound alligator gar. Maybe even your
    pet goldfish Fluffy. Takes all kinds and we do pick up the occasional
    mutant. This site is a wonderful place to people watch! See ya!

16. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    haha yea guys codys my cousin. he dont get on here very often. im gonna take him fishing here soon as it warms up. hopefully get him on a nice flathead or big ol channel cat.

17. unclebuncle

unclebuncle New Member

State:
    Humboldt,K
    I'm originally from Sterling and get up there once in while.Rivers not near as big now as it was in 50s.I've often thought it might pay off to wade the river and fish the holes but have never tried it.They get some good fish hand fishing there so know theyre in there.:smile2:

18. River_monster91

State:
    central kansas
    we float and limbline the holes and fish the really good lookin ones. catch alot of nice channel cats.

19. River_monster91

State:
    central kansas
    hey guys i took cody who started this thread out to quivera wildlife refuge the other weekend to fish. figured at the least we could catch some carp and by golly i was right. i hooked into one withthin the first hour that was around 7-8lbs. then i hooked anotherone that got off. then we moved spots. after about 10 minutes it was getting late and we decided to head but cody had a bite. and to top it all off it was on my 4'6'' uglystick ultralight with a mitchell avocet 2 spooled with 6lb test. it turns out he hooked onto a carp around 20-23 lbs im guessing. took him about 30 min. to get in but he fought it like a champ. i wish i woulda had the net it woulda been alot easier. about the same time he hooked his my pole starting bowing so i ran over and brought in around a 15-16lb carp. heres a few pics.

20. River_monster91

State:
    central kansas
    dont know if they posted but ones of me holding the first fish. cody holding his and mine (his is the bigger one) and then cody holding his

Attached Files: