I need help finding skip jack in Illinois

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by katcatchingfool, Jun 19, 2006.

1. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    can anyone tell me where to find skip jack this time of year i cant catch them any tips, info or techneque would be greatly appriciated im even willing to travel a little ways to get them i live in the alton ill area please help me

2. Boogie68MHS

Boogie68MHS New Member

State:
    Tovey, IL
    I fish around the Florence - Naples area and the skips aren't there either.

3. BigOleW9

BigOleW9 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jason, I know just what you need. It's good also because you don't have to waste alot of gas money driving. Just go the Chain of Rocks bridge and cast small jigs and spinners with about 12 pound test. The River Road takes you right there.

4. TEAM CATTER

TEAM CATTER New Member

State:
    COLUMBIA,IL
    GO OVER TO THE MO. SIDE THIER IS A SMALL ROCK PIONT AND CAST IN THE CURRNT TOWARD THE IL. SIDE.I'll been thier on Sat. around NOON to catch some skipps before I FISH A NIGHT TOURNY IN ALTON.

5. BigKat24-7

BigKat24-7 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hey Jason most of the places i am hearing about is below dams and near rocks. i read that they use sabiki rigs to catch them with white bodys and pink heads. also near eddys where there is foam. on one thread someone was catching moon eye herring on the missourri which is what that record fish was caught on! he was using some kind of jig from this site check it out and let me know what you think. http://www.squidjig.com/ ~~your lil bro!

6. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    hey bigkat ive seen those rigs before i never tried them it couldnt hurt could it

7. BigKat24-7

BigKat24-7 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Let's do it! It never hurts to try last i checked!! Wise man once told me that if your not gonna take any risks you shouldn't be fishing! amen

8. TEAM CATTER

TEAM CATTER New Member

State:
    COLUMBIA,IL
    We tried, but caught all our fish on shad and you catch a 40 pounder on shad . Pucture will be developed soon I HAVE A 4MONTH OLD SON.:big_smile: