I need help, bunch of deer or 14 point?

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by shovehead1, Aug 21, 2008.

1. shovehead1

shovehead1 New Member

State:
    Trumann,Arkansas
    I need help I have a stand that has a hole buch of deer but my other stand has a old 14 point buck on it I need to know which one to hunt

2. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    You go hunt the stand with a bunch of deer and I volunteer to keep an eye on the other with the 14 pointer for you,,,,, nice guy that I am.:wink:

3. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    And ill take the second shift LOL

4. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Guess that would depend on whether ya want meat or horn?

5. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    LOL well said it sums it up into one question

6. nycathunter

nycathunter New Member

State:
    New York?
    i would hunt one stand in the morning an the other in the evening switch it up if you got doe tags take a doe outta the bunch-o deer stand then hunt the rest of the season for the 14:big_smile:

7. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    This is what I would do. Definetely take a few for meat and then go after the big boy. Id probably hunt the buck for opening weekend and then go after some meat. Id hunt for meat until I had enough and then concentrate on the buck again.

8. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Question? Are You hunting with a gun or a bow? I would fill the meat tags first too and go after the big boy. Play it smart and remember to play the wind and scent control!! Especially if you are a bow hunter..

9. DIESELkat

DIESELkat New Member

State:
    PA
    I would go after the 14 on the first day and then let it sit until prime time chase season. No need to burn out the 14 stand when you got another with good amount of deer on it. Never know where a good buck is gunna go after they break outta their bachelor groups.

How far apart are they?

If theyre close enough that the 14 would travel to the bunch-o-deer stand, you might want to hunt it instead when it gets close to chase time.
    Bunch-o-doe = bunch-o-horn

If you gotta lotta slick-heads, it sounds like a good recipe for a downwind of a field or bedding area stand come pre-rut.:roll_eyes::wink:

10. derail

derail New Member

State:
    kansas
    Looks as though I'm the closest, I can be there in a few hours.:wink: If the buck is a regular visitor to the area I'd fill the freezer first, then go after him. If he isn't and you really want him, take him first.

11. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Id rather eat a nice tender doe wrather then that ole tough buck??????:cool2:Guess yer gonna have to make that call ...I will watch the full stand if you want that buck .....just dont count em ok:crazy:(LOL)

12. dust777man

dust777man New Member

State:
    SC
    I'm more of a meat hunter myself. I need about 3 deer in the freezer to make it until next year. But that 14 point would be hard to pass up. Maybe hunt the herd of deer a little then switch back to the 14 pt. Good luck on whatever you choose to do.

13. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    If the winds not right hunt the stand that seeing alot of activity. The big boy will surely bust you ! If your stands are not that far apart come breeding time he will venture out to get some action .:wink: If you bow hunt go ahead and get the meat in the freezer . Yearlings are easy to catch off guard and you have more room for arrer (pun :big_smile: ) When I first started bow hunting 27 years ago . I missed a youngen 3 TIMES before I heard the unmistakable whack of broadhead on ribs . Big boy won't give you that luxury !

14. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    no matter how long you boil those horns they dont even get chewy.:roll_eyes:

15. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo

Oh man.
    That stand would be way to hard for you, now, myself I could handle that guard duty for you! Anit nothing nothing worse than old 14 point bucks killing evergreens and such.:crazy:
    There ottah be a law!

16. Whistling Dixie

Whistling Dixie New Member

State:
    Texas
    I'd play my Ace, I have an eleven year old son who is holy murder on slick heads. His duty would be to fill the freezer and I would concentrate on my penis extension, uh I mean trophy.:wink:

17. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas

i call the third shift!!!!

18. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    QUESTION???? will they be ruttin when deer season comes in???? If the answer to that is yes then hunt where the does are cause BIGGIN will be looking for a girl friend.:wink::smile2: