I need fishing spots (use this one)

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by simplecollegekid, Apr 16, 2006.

1. simplecollegekid

simplecollegekid New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I live in lawrence, KS. Can anyone give me some good catfishing spots around this area (lawrence, KC, Topeka). All I really know is Clinton Lake and I don't really know of any good cat spots there. Please help!

Thanks

2. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Perry spillway , when they are letting H2O out. :)

3. Catchinbiguns

Catchinbiguns Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    I agree ecpecially if it's been running for a few days, lets the fish get back stable.

4. kscatman

kscatman New Member

State:
    LAWRENCE,KS
    If you want some quick and easy fishing here in lawrence try mary's lake it gets stocked with 550 cats per month in the summer.

5. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

its funny you should mention marys lake, when i was a kid(about 20 years ago)it used to have all kinds of real nice channels in it(pulled a few over 20)but now that everybody goes to it theres really nothing worth a dang in it any more,who knows maybe theres still one more big one in it

6. simplecollegekid

State:
    Kansas
    Its funny I'm getting the same responses from all the same people. Good to know. I have never tried mary's lake because like you said the people I talked to from say it gets fished a lot. I should give that a try though sometime this week, since it's close. What bait should I use? Can I get some fresh cutbait there with my castnet?

7. simplecollegekid

State:
    Kansas
    I have tried the spillway at clinton a couple times and it always seems like a waste of time. I have never been to perry's though. How do you guys fish at the spillways. Just off the bottom? what about the rocks. Do you know of any spots to get shed with a castnet at perry?

8. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

you can pick up shad all over that lake its loaded up with them,spillways wont have rocks down inside of them its just smoothed out concrete on the bottom,alot of times i just go with a slip rig and a real heavey sinker to hold it in place,but sometimes i will drift a big bobber in it when the water clams down