I need crossbow help BADLY

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by jlingle, Oct 4, 2009.

1. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Just got a new Horton summit hd150 crossbow with the red dot package. The red dot sight doesn't seem to have enough horizontal adjustment to find my bolt impact at 20 yards. I'm already about ready to chew this thing in half, i'm so irritated. Does anybody have any experience with them? I need help bad.

2. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    First off have you checked to make sure it is secure on the bow?? If it is shooting a tight group it probably is. You may have to shim it one way or the other to get it to adjust in. the things can be tricky sometimes.

3. phase5supply

phase5supply New Member

State:
    Hope Mills, NC
    Jerrod I will send you a PM with my phone number I should be able to help you trouble shhot it

4. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Thanks Daniel. I'll call tomorrow.

5. billNpam

billNpam Active Member

State:
    Alabama
    I think I can assist you because I had the same problem. First of all you need a Black permanent marker. Now on both sides of the string where it goes over the stock place a mark. Now when you pull it back make sure that the marks are still on both sides of the string. What I believe is happening that you are pulling one side more then the other and that will not give both limbs the same pull causing the arrow to fly left or right. I placed the marks on mine and I get 1.5 groups all the way out to 40 yards. I will not shoot over 40 yards with it.

6. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy Active Member

State:
    Virginia
    Check back on the stock over the trigger pretty close to your scope mount. My Horton has a dial that raises the scope mount up and down. You dial that up or down to 0-5 depending on your scope and leave it at that point after shooting to see what your scope likes. I bought my Horton on Ebay used with no scope and then put a crossbow scope on it. She's a killing machine. Heading out right now to go shoot a deer. (I hope). If lucky,,I will post a picture later tonight.

7. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    On an interesting sidenote here: so far, Horton's "customer service" phone number has been busy from 8am monday until now. REALLY starting to get on my nerves. I sent them an email with my contact information & haven't heard anything either. I hope they're just sorting through a few backed up tickets and mine is in line. If they're ignoring me, I hereby pledge to tell everyone with 2 ears about it.:angry: Like I said..... maybe I'm next in line.

8. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    I would say they are backed up,because deer season is already in in a lot of states.

9. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy Active Member

State:
    Virginia
    I have 4 game cameras from moultrie. When they introduce a new model, they get horrendously backed up in customer service. The folks that work in Customer service are the nicest, courtious, and most knowledgeable as you will find. Right at Deer season, they get swamped. My guess is Horton is the same. Too good a company to drop the ball. Another thought is the lousey economy. They might have let some phone help desk folks go. Combine that with deer season and its a mess. I know you are frustrated but you do have one of the better crossbows.