I need a Trailer

Discussion in 'Boating' started by Mudcatrick, Mar 29, 2007.

  1. Mudcatrick

    Mudcatrick New Member

    Looking for a trailor to haul a 12 x 35 house boat from AR to LA 380 miles, anyone know anyone selling a traolor
  2. loanwizard

    loanwizard Well-Known Member

    Won't you need a heavy hauler with permits and a chase car? I thought the Max width to haul was 8 feet?

    Good Luck

  3. fishhook

    fishhook New Member

    Willow Woo
    In some states you have to have a bonded hauler to move anything over 10' wide with an escort, front an rear. Then like Shawn said you have to have a wide load permit with signs displayed front and rear with the words "wide load" for anything over 102" wide if you move it yourself on the highway. I've received warning tickets in Ky and OH for having load tie down chains on the outside of the rub rail on a 102" wide trailer and for not having tie downs every 10' on a 32' trailer loaded with hay so I would check with law enforcement in both states before moving that boat, the fines can be pretty hefty, they are around here anyway. I know, I've gotten tickets over the years from being over width, over height and over loaded. A lot of states are really cracking down on us with goose neck trailers requiring CDL's for some like mine both flatbed and livestock.
  4. jtrew

    jtrew New Member

    Little Rock, AR
    Maybe it would be easier to move it by water? If you do move it yourself, I'd guess your best bet would be to find a trashed 12' wide mobile home and use the frame to make a trailer. Mobile home axles and wheels can be found pretty easily, and if you can't sell the trailer whole when you're through with it, you can easily sell the axles and wheels, then sell the frame for scrap. Get back most of your money.