I Need a Song, Quick!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Kat-tamer, Jul 26, 2007.

1. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    My son is getting married in a couple of weeks and they just now informed me that I need to pick a song for him and I to dance to. :crazy:
    Now I don't usually dance unless there is alcohol in my system, and I can't think of a song that we can dance to. Being the nice grandma that I am, I get to keep the baby on the wedding night, so no alcohol for me.
    Please help. I need to tell them tomorrow afternoon so they can let the DJ know. I would appreciate any ideas.

Thanks, Sheila

2. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
    I've been racking my brain but I can't think of anything. If something comes to mind I'll post it.

3. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
  4. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
    Sorry thats not working. Just type in mother & son wedding songs and that should take you there.

5. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
  6. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    If your a grandma, isn't it about time you took that decades old pic of you, off of your avitar?

7. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    It would seem to me that everyone would enjoy seeing you dance to "wipe out" OHH I can see it now!! "Look grannys going to hurt herself!:smile2:smokey

8. cattinfever999

cattinfever999 New Member

State:
    KY
    It depends on the type of music you like(country, etc)
    I like "Unforgettable" by Nat King Cole or "Till the Rivers All Run Dry" by Don Williams. Also Faith Hill has "There you'll be"

9. Gibbzilla

Gibbzilla New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Sweet Child of Mine. :wink:

10. Esox Hunter

Esox Hunter New Member

State:
    Birmingham U.K.

Hi Sheila:

Congrats to yer son, hope he has a happy life.
    Now don't ask why, 'cos I have NO idea, but the song below just popped into my head when I read yer post, I was thinking that the lyrics apply to both you AND yer son.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=EycRNvAHivU

Having said that though, I will admit that Jbarnes17's suggestion (above) is a good one, and pretty TOUGH to beat!!

11. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    "My wish" - Rascal Flats

Cant beat these lyrics

I hope the days come easy and the moments pass slow and each row leads you where you want to go and if your faced with the choice and you have to choose i hope you choose the one that means the most to you and if one door opens then another door close i hope you keep on walking till you find a window if its cold outside show the world the warmth in your smile . But more than anything , more than anything

(CHORUS)

(My wish for is that this life becomes all that you want to your dreams stay big your worries stay small you never need to carry more than you can hold and while your out there gettin were you gettin to i hope you know somebody love you and wants the same thing to yeah this is my wish.)
    I hope you never look back but you never forget all the ones who love you in the place you live i hope you always forgive and you never regret and you help somebody every chance you get ooh you find gods grace in every mistake and always give more than you take but more than anything more than anything
    chorus2x
    yeah this is my wish for you
    i hope you know somebody loves you
    mayall your dreams be big

12. whiskerlover

whiskerlover New Member

State:
    St. joseph Missouri
    Ding, ding ding, we have a winner! That song would be perfect.

13. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    That picture was taken in April 2007! I am a very YOUNG granny!:smile2:

14. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    This song might be apporiate for him, but not to good to dance to. " Hang down your head Tom Dooley,Poor Boy your bound to die":smile2:

15. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    how bout play that funky music married boy? lol :tounge_out: oh yeah wrong lyrics lol how bout : summer of '69 lol cause after hes married he'll be screaming those WERE the best days ofmy life? lmao just kidding not sure maybe hurts so good? lol at least that will speed up the honeymoon lol :crazy::embarassed::wink:

16. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I was kind of thinkin Chain of Fools!:smile2: But then I couldn't decide, for the dance or for them to walk down the aisle to!:crazy:lol.

17. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_swFHp-0_sY
    how aboutthis song? lol it has a fast beat and good message lol :cool2:
    just trying to help :big_smile: not sure what kind of music they like lol :tounge_out:

18. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Naaaa. WAY too fast and that could require more than alcohol!!! :wink::cool2:
    It is a good song though.

19. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    thanks just dont play wild thang by tone loc lmao but if your feeling froggy maybe jimi hendrix version of wild thing? lol i dont know about for the walking down the aisle part lol for that me and my wife picked out "i swear" by john michael montgomery? it was the most appropriate song at the time :big_smile:
    as for the dance we didnt get to do that one lol until the honeymoon anyways lmao :crazy: