I need a prop reworked

Discussion in 'Boat Repair Help' started by dg775577, Jan 12, 2007.

1. dg775577

dg775577 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I don't know what the proper term is, I have a 10X15 aluminum prop off a johnson 25 that needs the rubber "bushing" inside it replaced. It started slipping.
    I cannot find a local shop that does this. Do any of you guys on the board do this or know of someone who does this? Approximate cost would be appreciated.
    Any correspondence you don't want on the board can be sent to my private messages .

Thanks

2. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    We have a guy in Keokuk, and I have used him before. He did alright by me. I think he charged me 35.00 for pressing in a new hub, and truing the blades. I can probably help you with it if you wanted to ship it over here.
    Later Andy

3. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    Most boat repair shops will ship it off for repairs for you or most around here will but by the time you pay for shipping both ways plus repairs you can almost buy a new prop. That size here is around $90.00 new and a lot less then that for a reconditioned one.

4. Ol Whiskers

Ol Whiskers New Member

State:
    Fairfield Township, Ohio
    http://www.deltaprop.com/

Your profiel says Indiana. THese guys are just inside Ohio on the way to Cincy, off US 50. You can get there pretty quick on I74.

Whe I had my boat and ran the Ohio RIver, they did me pretty well.

Dennis

5. dg775577

dg775577 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thanks for the replies guys, I guess I need to come to grips with the fact that is may be just as cost effective to replace it as to have it repaired. I have bought a new one from a dealer in Fla. off e-bay for 68.00. I guess I'll keep watching for others to come up for sale, another one went for 40.00 but getting busy at work kept me from following thru on that one.