I need a new vacuum cleaner

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Nobody Special, Feb 14, 2006.

1. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    The old Hoover is spewing out more dirt than it is sucking up. Looking for something cheap and good that uses inexpensive bags. Any recommendations? By the way, what is a suction amp?

2. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Soon as my wife gets home, I'll have her get the name of the one we got. Not one of the ones at wally world, got it at a vaccum shop and was about $150. But it does much better than the fancier vaccums at other stores that cost much much more.

3. Wally

Wally New Member

State:
    FLORIDA
    Brother... I am not bold enough to say the word Vaccum cleaner on Valentines Day!! LOL:conc-big:

4. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Wally LMAO. I'll keep my mouth shut. LOL.

5. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Personally, I HATE all vacuum cleaners, ever since I got my long braid sucked up by mine, while home alone. It was a weird experience. Ok now y'all can laugh because I do now. I have to learn to tuck my braid in my pants or shorts when I vacuum now, like I do when I am burning fires in the backyard. Anyway, I have a rug with fringes on it and had bent over to straighten out the fringes and it felt like someone hit me in the head with a hammer. It jerked my head so fast, I guess that was what caused it. All of what few brains I have left must have went at warp speed to one side and caused the hammer feeling. Once I realized that my braid was in the vacuum, instead of turning it off, I jerked about a foot of braid out of the vacuum, then cut the vacuum off. I was home alone and feeling pretty stupid after it was over. LOL. Well I guess the vacuum at least sucked off the dead ends.

Now my opinion on a vacuum is I don't want a bagless. I want one that takes a bag and they are getting harder to find in the stores.

P.S. As soon as I get the rest of the floors converted to hard wood or tile, the vacuum is going in a yard sale or trash. LOL. I'd rather sweep any day, now.;)

6. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    i just got an older kirby with all the acessaries for $60 on ebay works good theyer built like a tank.

7. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    The vaccum I want isn't cheap. At first, I thought I wanted a Dyson, but after looking at them at the store, I've decided upon an Electrolux, and probably will go for the canister vac. They run about $300 on eBay, but my neigbor has had her Electrolux for almost 25 years, and it's survived 5 kids, and at least 2 dogs that I know of.

8. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Mark, we got a hoover wind tunnel from Sears a couple of years ago and we love it. They make several different styles of the wind tunnel. The one we have uses a bag and will darn near lift the carpet off of the floor. We have had a couple of Hoovers over the years and had good luck with them. The wind tunnel we have was around $150 or a little under when we purchased it. Vern

9. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Cheryl,what type of vacumn do you use.I have a hell of a time picking up loose long braids around my house and it sounds like yours is the best I've heard of.:p I need something with a LOT of power because the loose women that the braids are attached to are generally lying around at all hours of the day,drinking my beer and carrying on.:cool: :) I figure this is one way to get all their attention not to mention gathered up in one spot so I can herd them out the door.Appreciate any help or advice you can give.:) :rolleyes:

10. TDawgNOk

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Ok,

The one we have is a Sharp. They have 2 modles, one is outrageous, metal frame. The other is a LOT cheaper and is the one we got. It will suck up just about anything.

Had one of those guys selling the "Rainbow" vaccum that uses water as the filter over to the house. We hadn't vaccumed in a few days, so he told us to vaccum an area and then he would and he would show us what ours wasn't pickin up.

After he saw how little ours left, he said never mind, and left on his own.

11. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    My wife loves our Oreck. Only weighs 6 lbs and picks up great. I sold Rainbows when I was a kid but I ain't a gonna pay $1500.00 for a suck and blow er... vacuum cleaner. Just don't get a Dirt devil. They suck....er they don't suck...They're not my pick!

12. TDawgNOk

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma

That explains a lot Shawn!!!

:p

13. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Hey Tony, at least I didn't suggest cutting a hole in the middle of a boat to fish out of ROFLMAO!

14. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    We have an Oreck and it works great but I would much rather have a Rainbow but who wants to pay the price for one of those.

chris

15. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking it.

Ray

16. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Cheryl, loanwizard, you are killing me. I was drinking a cold one when reading this and hair in the vac, hole in boat, whats next. Someone get a video camera

17. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    LOL, Jim, I am still laughing about this post. I read it right after you posted it and just couldn't answer it then. Not sure I can now. OK, the vacuum is a 10 amp Eureka lite Boss.

I hope just the sound of one will gather them up and out the door for you, but MOST men in your position would want the opposite. The long hair is hard on the belts and you have to constantly clean the roller. YUCK. Makes me want to cut my hair at times.

Good luck with the loose women. :p