I need a new largemouth bass fishing spot!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by daredevle, Aug 15, 2007.

1. daredevle

daredevle New Member

State:
    south carolina
    hello brothers i need you help i am an inshore fisherman and i need a new bass or catfish location where the fishing is great in shore i live in the rock hill area so please make it near if not tell me any way but i dont have a boat so make sure its a good inshore place like a pond or small lake thank you brothers i love u guys:wink:

2. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Balantyne Resort in Charlotte....4-8 pound largemouth all day long and you don't need a boat. Best fishing at night on top water baits in the summer and black plastic worms in spring and fall.

3. daredevle

daredevle New Member

State:
    south carolina
    could u give me a more direct address? and it sounds as if u have to pay to get in?

4. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    No, you don't have to pay...you have to SNEAK IN!! Thats why I prefer to fish at night. Less hassle from the golfers and greenskeepers.

5. daredevle

daredevle New Member

State:
    south carolina
    :smile2:ha ha lol but still do u know any place where i dont have to sneak

6. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    Duke Power public access areas and hiring a guide are about the only way to fish area lakes unless you know someone. McDowell Park has some public fishing areas, but they are just that. No real secrets there. :eek:oooh:

7. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    lake fisher in kannapolis is the best bass lake in my opinion. they have small jon boats that you rent. just put a trolling motor and battery on it and go. you need to call them though. they have funny hours but the fishing can be great. i got my pb largemouth there. it only cost like 5-10 bucks to rent the boat. you cannot beat that if your willing to drive the hour to get there. come up 485 to 51 make rt. to 24/27 then left on 601 toward concord turn slight right onto hwy 3 an go to centergrove road and make a right. fisher lake rd on the left. go to the end. telephone 704-938-1327. also so some good channel cat action on the upper end in the spring. bass fish around the bridges with rubber worms. electric grape and plum crazy are my best colors. water level is down right now but still plenty of fishing to be done. i saw a boat out there today but i wasnt in it.:sad2: