I may have to let El Conquistador go, brothers.

Discussion in 'LOCAL MICHIGAN TALK' started by sal_jr, Mar 7, 2006.

1. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Thats right, youre hearing it as soon as I am hearing it.

There is a chance that El Conquistador, my lil 14 foot darling of the high seas, may have to get an eviction notice.

This is a sure thing if one other thing happens....

I will send her to missouri to spend out her days in the warm muddy waters of the mississippi river, but only if I get my dream boat....

My bro cant take his big boat south with him cause he wont have storage. If it works out, I will trade out for his 19.5 foot, 7 foot beam, 115 horse mercury powered aluminum center console Lowe. Its a 1993 and it is the pride of the family, having been the family boat since its purchase in 1996.

Keep your fingers crossed cause if this happens we are hitting quanacassee and Im driving and I can take up to 6 passengers. Now THAT would be a Fantabulous time.

If it happens Ill have to come up with a purty name.... but I aint gonna play name games till I can get things worked out.

Keep your fingers crossed!!!!!!!

WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!

Sal

2. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    Fingers crossed! good luck my friend!

3. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    its a done deal. I found out last night.

I gotta get some paperwork in order and sell off El Conquistador, but its as good as mine as of this mornin.

More goodies...

The new boat's got ship to shore, a CD player, 4 downriggers, planer boards, 2 55 gallon waterproof bins and one 25 gallon livewell. 30 gallon under-floor fuel tanks, and all the hookups for my fishmark 480- which will be switched with a cuda 128 thats on the big boat now.

Im tellin ya, Don.. you're in for a helluva ride.

I broke the speed wheel off the transom 3 years ago, just as I was clocking 59 mph at 3/4 throttle on this boat. It can get anywhere.

Its also been VERY well taken care of. My bro rebuilt the starter last year and fished it about 100 hours over the last 2 years. Before that my dad bought the motor new and fished it about 20 hours over the course of 3 years. Its practically new.

Im just tooooo excited....

Aww man.... Im up in the clouds today. I wish I could bottle and sell this feeling.

4. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Hey bro, I am very happy for you! Sounds like its going to be a fun summer for you! I look forward to seeing some pics! Oh yeah that reminds me. A week or so ago, someone made a post saying they would give a reward (rep) for anyone that could produce a pic of you actually fishing! I told um I had seen one, but I dont think they believed me:rolleyes: I know you can show um now!:)

5. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    Congratulations Sal !

6. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI

Actually Delta its all a ruse.

I dont fish. Im allergic to water.

Im actually a lobbyist hired by the catfish of the united states of America. My job is to infiltrate catfishing websites and to negatively influence them.

You know how hard it will be for the catfish at the Catfish Secret Service Headquarters to photoshop me actually fishing? Have you ever tried to use a mouse with bony fins? The slime shorts the mouse right out almost immediately. Plus, Im so allergic to water that even a picture of it makes me get hives.

LOL

7. Crispy Critter

Crispy Critter New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Congratulations Sal, Sounds like your in for a fun summer ahead.Good luck with your new boat.

8. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    New Boat, What up man! I won't know how to act around you now. I guess the phrase is " Lets Go Fishin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sparky

9. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Sparky,
    Its gonna be the same rules as before cause its the same guy as before in the captain's chair.

As long as you keep bringing that Cavendar's and pork steak to the campfire you can raise whatever hell you want on my boat. Im easy to bribe.

LOL

10. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Dang Sal!
    Sounds like like a sweet set up!
    Goes to show that good things happen to good people!
    Way to Go Mate!

11. truck

truck New Member

State:
    williamsburg ohio
    Congrats & Happy catching:)

12. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Congrats, have a good fishin time this summer.

13. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    I knew ya was too slick with words to be a Fisherman ! :frk-big: :p
    I'm happy for ya man, sounds like a fine boat.

14. jross1901

jross1901 New Member

State:
    IL
    that sounds like an awesome new vessel sal.

is the smaller boat for sale, and if it is shoot me a pm.
    i would be interested.

congrats on the new boat hopefully it brings many good fishing trips your way.

-jim

15. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    Congrats Sal, way to go, Wish I could go out with you

16. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    Hey man,
    Pork Steak and Greek Seasoning is always near the fire. I might even round up some eggs and hash browns.
    Sparky