I love it when a plan comes together....

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by BKS72, Feb 15, 2009.

1. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    We got our tax returns filed early this year and Uncle direct deposited our refund Friday.

My wife has been wanting a new dining room set for the last few months, so once I saw what our refund would be, I told her she should splurge and get herself the new table and chairs. This is the part of my plan that's like thinking there might be a fish in that hole....:wink:

Her mom was here visiting last week and while I was out in CA for work, they found the "perfect" table and chairs. This, in my plan, is the equivalent of the point when a fish picks up the bait and decides it's worth eating:wink:

When I talked to her on the phone Thursday from CA and explained that I was OK with what it was going to cost, she sounded very happy and even said what a great husband I was. At this point I started to feel a bit guilty, but that didn't last long:smile2:

Today as she was admiring her new table and chairs (which a friend and I spent a couple of hours assembling last night) I casually mentioned that I could use a couple of new heavier rigs for fishing the heavier current in the channel this summer. She kind of looked at me funny and asked what I thought THAT would cost. I smiled sweetly and said "Not nearly as much as a new dining room set". That's the part of the plan that's equivalent to the fish discovering the sharp metal prize in the middle of the bait.:smile2:

I must admit, though, that the table does look good - especially with 2 new A-G 7000 reels (that match the one I have in the garage) and the shipping confirmation for 3 new Surge Elite rods and a 1500' spool of Power Pro 80# yellow line sitting on top of it:wink:

I'm pretty sure she's telling her friends the exact same story, except with the dumb catfisherman husband falling for her plan, but that's OK, I got my new gear :smile2::smile2::smile2:

2. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Good job there Brandon. I'm taking notes, lol.

3. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    hee hee way to go branden :wink::wink:

you sly fox !!!!!

think ill take notes also gary :roll_eyes:

4. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    That is some mighty fine fishing brother....lol!!!!:wink:

5. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Ya gotta be careful with those kind of plans... females have better memories than elephants...:smile2::smile2:

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Congrats Branden on the new equipment. But I would bet there will be a page two to this story.:smile2:

7. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Way to set the hook, Branden! :smile2:

8. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    That was good Branden.:smile2:
    Sounds like an even trade to me. Everyone is happy.:cool2::smile2:

9. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Way to go Branden, Chalk one up for the Good Guys!!! :smile2: LOL

10. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    I'm sensing no CPR there,,,,, NIce job,,, :wink:

11. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Brandon have your wife join the BOC:wink: Let's see who hooked who:eek:oooh:That should be a good camp fire fish story.

12. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    good job, took that hook, line and sinker

13. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    :worship: Brandon you dawg(LOL) Niceley done bro(LOL):roll_eyes:

14. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I thought power pro was the perfect Valentine gift:wink: Not!!! Had to waste $$$ on candy in order to get my new 6500 spolled up. Sounds as if ole Brandon is sharper than i was. Good plan.

15. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Oh You Sneaky Devil Branden !!! Thank's for the Idea,I Believe I can Get Big Bula Mae to bite on that one Also,reps your way Brother,J.D.:wink: