I love Cannelton!

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by OhioRiver, Jun 7, 2009.

1. OhioRiver

OhioRiver New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I caught BOTH on a chartreuse 6 inch plastic minnow while trying to catch stripers. one was 12 lbs and the other was 13 lbs. my 2nd and 3rd biggest flattys to date!

Me and my cousin Kyle also hooked some biggg fish, but they got off. GRRR lol

Attached Files:

2. ironcat

ironcat New Member

State:
    indiana
    nice! I'm with you,I love that place also. Its my favorite place to bad its a 3 hour trip for me.but its worth it.

3. OhioRiver

OhioRiver New Member

State:
    Indiana
    yeah that would suck. Its about 20 or so minutes from me

4. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I've fished there twice in my life... long time ago. Both times where early spring and cold but we loaded up on cats. The first time I went was with an ol boy that later caught the state record blue for Ohio.... it's been beat now. I Can't remember his name to save my arse, but if someone said it i'd remember... he was a guide on the Ohio- don't know if he still is or not.

5. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I enjoy it down there too. I havent gotten down there yet this year, but I plan on it this fall. Hopefully they will have the cabins down on the bank up for rental by the fall, they didnt have them available this past spring.

6. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I would love to make it there again

7. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    ive never been up there but by the sound of it i really wanna go

8. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    how about this coming wknd i come up there and u (ohio river) show me around a bit. sound good

9. OhioRiver

OhioRiver New Member

State:
    Indiana
    we might be able to do that. Ive never been out in a boat up there, so I dont exactly know where most of the good spots are... but Ive heard people talking about a few places where cats like to get.

10. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    dont know if i should bring my boat up there ... might be a lil small ... dont know whats up there ... i run around here on the ohio alot ... newburgh dam that is .... people say its a lil meaner up that way

11. OhioRiver

OhioRiver New Member

State:
    Indiana
    it is pretty rough up there for a small boat. Its about a half mile walk to my favorite fishing hole now that they have the access road closed.

12. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    well i do need to lose a lil weight

13. rivertoon

rivertoon New Member

State:
    kentucky
    The current there can be a real danger. I fish out of a 24 foot pontoon and I still don't like to get very close. Right now my boat is in the shop getting carbs rebuilt along with some other repairs but we will have to get together some time and share info about this area. I agree that this area is great but an hour drive for me.

14. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    its and hour 30 for me

15. catfishcatcher

catfishcatcher New Member

State:
    indiana
    Yeah, im with you guys. It is awesome down there in that part of the state. We just got back from a 5 day trip down at derby and we stayed at the twin cedar cabins located near poision creek. If I could find a good paying job there I would move there. Just a life long dream to live in that part of the state. Anyway the ohio is a great river and so is your area. Be proud, I wish I was there. It is around 4 and 1/2 hours there from here in Muncie.

16. crazyKat

crazyKat New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i fish it alot. only been a few times this yr. we do about 4 tournys there a yr. yea the dam can be rough you just have to be safe and smart. the fish in my picture im holding is at a tourny last october at cannelton. but he wasnt caught at the dam:wink: if you use a boat there is alot of good spots in hawesville/cannelton area. on my top 2 places to fish.