i live for clearence

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by JERMSQUIRM, Mar 5, 2009.

1. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well last week kitchen faucet was leaking scaled up and nasty and began leaking worse. so i went hunting. home depot first.

i wanted cheap but good. i had a $12 one i got a year ago from wal mart. i put it on first and it leaked right off the bat. so home depot was to high compared to menards. and there clearence was a few dollars off and nothing that looked good. so across the street to menards. nothing on sale and nothing in the faucet isle on clearence.

off to lowes. a few clearence but still out of my price range. ended up buying a $48.99 price phister high rise. but they were out of the rubber liner i wanted under cabinet to cover the stain. so back to menards. well 3 isles over low and behold there were clearence. not by the kithen faucets but by bath and plunbing. :confused2:

got to love deals like this. was $108 and i got it for $35.:crazy: YES!. and its sharp. price phister and has a forever gyarentee on function and finish. couldnt put this on my sink with all the chips cracks and caulk under it to stop leaks lol. so i ended up buying a new stainless steel sink too. $75 later i was done.

but still had to return to lowes to return the $48 faucet.:smile2: my 2 year old was wore out. but he did get to ride in the #20 home depot race car carts at the first store.:roll_eyes:

sink was $39.99.

now all sinks and faucets are on sale a week later.:confused2: oh well. still paid less for the sink and faucet that the faucet origionally was.

2. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    some more boring pics

3. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I hear ya, why pay retail for anything.

4. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    LOL! I am getting ready to do the same thing :smile2:

Looks good! I am looking for that deal tommorow :wink:

5. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    What Home Depot you go to? Bloomington?

6. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Looks good jeremy...you just reminded me that I need to change out the bathroom faucet last month....LOL Guess I better get right on that.:smile2:

7. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Looks good dude! Ya done good. I try not to buy ANYTHING like that unless it's on sale!

8. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    I try and alway's get a sale price too...But some thing's are worth paying for and when it come's to house hold stuff i rather buy once and have year's of service than buy cheap and have to replace often ...plus it look's soooooo much better lol:smile2: duct tape is not good looking belive me :eek:oooh:

9. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Lookin good,Jeremy. I don't know if I'm cheap of thrifty,But I do the same,at least as often as I can.:wink:

10. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I did the same thing not too long ago. Sometimes the Home Depot can have some killer deals on faucets. We got ours for $59 it was reg $150. I thought 59 was still steep, but the wife thought it was a good deal so......4 hrs and a infinite amount of curse words later we have a very nice faucet in the kitchen.

11. heyop_erator

heyop_erator New Member

State:
    Kansas
    A man after my own heart...lol... got to hit the sales or ebay.

12. flysure1

flysure1 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I happened to stumble on the clearance at Menards In Galesburg, Ill.,I got bathroom faucets, it was a few weeks ago for me, I already had shut off valves and flex lines on both bathrooms so I thought they would be fine--not-- the shutoffs leaked from the moment I turned them, I have finally decided next time to buy everything possible that is involved in switching faucets and return the very few things you end up not needing! looks like yours came out nice. In the womens bathroom-(upstairs) I ended up putting the single faucet that looks like an old kitchen hand pump--I would have never bought that one if not been the floor display marked half off. faucets are crazy priced in my opinion! ps---I had to really check because all the drain stuff you get with bathroom faucets wasn't taped with these--had to dig around--these were the floor displays and the boxes were not with many of them.

13. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I"ll probably be lookin to replace a kitchen sink faucet soon too. The old one was bad and got replaced last summer, but it always leaks, and the handle keeps going loose. Water getting kinda high, probably cheaper to get a new faucet than pay the water.

14. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    looks good, 09' must be a leaky year, i just replaced my garbage disposal a couple weeks ago cause that was drippin :confused2:

15. River Hobo

River Hobo New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    WHAT ? ? ? Who new! :embarassed:

16. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ya i usually make 20 trips to the store before i get done with everything. i could buy everything in menards but one item. and i still would have to go back the next day to get that one.:embarassed:

yep. the one in bloomington.

17. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
  18. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    When ya said clearance I thought it was now that you are thin ya can fit under the sink. :wink:

19. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    i had to replace mine also not long ago and i got a great deal from lowes my sister is asst manager and igot a set that was discontined and she got the display for 20.00 bucks and they was regular 275.00 bucks

20. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    LOOKS GOOD, AND A DEAL. but it seems anytime i need to replace something there,s never a deal ,but just wait till i,m done ,the next day or 2 deals all over town