Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

I leave sunday

942 views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  MRR 
#1 ·
OK gent's im heading to lake of the ozarks on sunday will be staying in the
Gerious mill area and due to a unforseen problem i will be renting a boat to fish from for a couple day and doing alot of bank fishing i need all the tips,pointers,advise i can get PLEASE or if someone wants me to tag along with then let me know

Thanks Mike "skywalker" Mertz

#3 ·
I dont know Gerious mill, but I do know of Gravois Mill. LOZ seems pretty straightforward to me. Chicken liver for channels and shad/cut-shad for blues. I like to drift the coves while in the boat. Off the dock, its a crap-shoot, but look for structure.

#8 ·
Gravois Mills is at the upper end of the Gravois Arm of the lake. Gravois Creek and Little Gravois Creek run in at the top right there where there is a public launch ramp (Millsite). Water is pretty shallow around there compared to rest of the lake. There is a public fishing dock there also. Gets fished a lot. I'd be tempted to take an ultralight rod and catch some little bluegill for catfish bait. A little piece of an earthworm should do the trick.

Beside big and little Gravois, there are 3 other creeks that run into the Gravois Arm. Soap Creek and Mill Creek are in the Gravois Mills area. All the creeks mentioned have pretty shallow headwaters, then convert to deeper water about 1/3 or 1/2 way to the main arm. Backs of these creeks may have as much as 100-150 yards of 2 feet of water or less before they start to get consistently deeper, then they are hitting 20 - 30 foot depths by 1/2 to the main arm (Gravois).

Fish AT NIGHT. Not only have I heard the cats bite better then, it is a matter of survival for you. During the daytime, I wouldn't want to be in any small, rented fishing boat. You'll see what I mean when you get there.

If you do go out in a boat, pay close attention to the docks in the area you want to fish. Older, less expensive docks that have rod holders mounted to one side or the other usually mean brush crappie beds. Holders on the end of the dock facing the deeper water may mean a crappie bed, or indicate a catfisherman. Check 'em out. Brush piles put in for crappie don't just attract baitfish and crappie, especially at night. Good luck, and be safe!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.