I know we all love catfish but...

Discussion in 'ALL OTHER FISH' started by baitchunker, Jul 30, 2007.

1. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    just thought i would let yall know i got into some great salt water action this weekend. me and amy went down to my uncle's house for dinner sat. night. (he lives on the bay) of course i HAD to bring my boat. after dinner amy, m.p.(cousin) and uncle mike went out and fished the lights. we cought specs, white trout, and the thriller of the night was the flounder. they were very very healthy. we only cought 5 flounder, but i got enough filets to put on a fish fry last night for 2 other couples and ourselves. and we still had enough filets left uncooked to save 2 bags for me and amy some other time. not bad for just 5 flat fish. i know yall are pretty much die hard catfisher/ ppl but....

j.d.

2. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Hey them flat fish are sure some ugly things, but MmMmmM they taste good and PULL good too!

3. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    dont feel to bad.i try to make 1 trip a year to seadfift texas and thats what i fish for.flounder its the no.1 saltwater fish in my book to.

4. Cathooker

Cathooker New Member

State:
    Ga
    Not to worry but we ALL love saltwater fishing too....lol. I am headed dwon to my Brother in law's place in Jacksonville in just a couple of weeks. It is an annual affair and we have a ball fishing the ST Johns.
    Glad to hear ya'll had a great time.

5. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I feel kind of underprivileged... I've never had the saltwater experience... other than brushin' my dentures...:smile2:

6. south_va_fisherman

south_va_fisherman New Member

State:
    Muddy Cross, Virginia
    Congrats on the flounder. I have never caught one before. The surf fishing here has been excellent. I got into a school of blues on saturday, they bit anything you tossed to them. No jumbos, but some decent sized ones. what bait and rig did were you using for the flounder?

7. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Sounds like you are from "Down Home".I was born in Mobile in 1945.My folks use to pull me around in a wash tub in a inner tube with a skeeter net over it while they Flounder gigged.Have you ever got in on a "Jubilee"?Now that is something!Just pick your Flounder up on the beach by the washtub full.I remember some greedy folk trying to fill up a pickup truck with Flounder.The springs and rear axel broke.We once went to Dauphin Island by boat as there was no road.I remember the big Brahma Bull guarding the beach like a yard dog.The bay was full of floating Bananas that fell out of the cargo nets back then.I also have the Chicken Pox like dimple scars from the first fire ants,some have been there for 60 years according to my folks.I loved to go back on vacation.I envy you.I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

8. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I would absolutely love to get in on some saltwater action!!!!

9. jedt

jedt New Member

State:
    Cameron,Texas
    My boss is promising me a trip to the surf in TX soon proly around Port Aransas. That trip will be for shark and anything else in the surf such as trout and reds. He has a kayak and almost got me talked into one for god flat fishing. Our mechanic used to live down there like to get him to take us giging. He siad he know good bottom down there to easily get our limits in an hour or so.

10. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Hey J.D. There's nothing like a great night out on hte bay catching flounder & trout.:dribble::0a22:

11. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Cool beans buddy them must have been some nice flounder as well glad ya had a good time

12. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    Should have saved those flounder heads, they make good cat bait

13. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Glad to hear you had some fun saltwater fishing.

14. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Yes .....I would love to get in on some Flounder action. Maybe catch a big Grouper too....say 300 or 400 lbs. on heavy tackle. I would also love to catch a big Sturgeon in the columbia river. Looks like a blast.