I know someone knows the answer to this

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by RiverKing, Oct 8, 2007.

1. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    I am wanting to know where( city, state) does the Tennessee dump into the Ohio River..I am wanting to fish somewhere that I have never fished before, and I figured right around that area would be some good fishing, that way i can fish the Ohio, and run up into the Tennessee to fish it.Also from there, how far would the cumberland be...I would like to make it a 3 day trip..fish the Ohio, the Tennessee, and the Cumberland if it isnt to far away..

2. akwolf41

akwolf41 Master Instigator of the BOC!

State:
    Kenai, Ala
    RiverKing:

The Tennessee and the Cumberland both dump into the Ohio River at
    Paducah, Kentucky. Not very far from each other. The TN dumps in right near downtown Paducah, and the Cumberland dumps in up river about 6 or 7 miles. All three Rivers have some Killer Catfish. Try drifting with Cut bait about 5 feet off the Bottom

Gene

3. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Okay thanks for the info..Now the question is, do you think fishing would be better in the paducah area, or in the Louisville are of the Ohio River? If you had to choose, where would you go?

4. akwolf41

akwolf41 Master Instigator of the BOC!

State:
    Kenai, Ala
    I Know the Fishing is Good at Paducah, I have fished There and up around Henderson, KY. River is loaded with Catfish. I know nothing about the Louisville, area.

I caught the fish in my avatar in Henderson, KY

Gene

5. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

Is Henderson close to Paducah?

6. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Yes, its only a little over a hour upstream from Paducah. Great blue cat fishing when the temps cool off and when the Ohio builds up a little current.

7. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    if it was me id wait on till we get some rain befor come down to henderson the fishing isd slow right now

8. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    I was stationed at Ft Campbell,Ky and all the rivers in that area are loaded with catfish.:big_smile: Cumberland gets my vote.

9. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    The answer is 42 :wink: can you all tell me where that comes from?