I know jugging is legal in IL, but i dont know any restrictions...

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by xposedguts, Oct 13, 2007.

1. xposedguts

xposedguts New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Well im pretty positive jugging is legal in Illinois, but i cant seem to find the regulations and restrictions on it. I checked the DNR website but couldnt find any info. If anyone knows more in detail the laws about jugging in IL please inform me. Thanks!

2. akwolf41

akwolf41 Master Instigator of the BOC!

State:
    Kenai, Ala
    Xposedguts:

It looks like it is OK to Jug Fish in Illinois. You can go to the following Link and down load the 2007 Fishing Digest

http://dnr.state.il.us/fish/digest/index.htm

It is a Big Download about 33MBs

I did that and copied the info for you if you will click on the files below and read what they have to say.

Good Luck Juggin:

Gene

Attached Files:

3. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Dan, the biggest thing to do here is make sure all the jugs have your name and address on them, (any fishing devise used unattended) some lakes don't allow jug fishing and you have to find that basically from what ever body of water, local regs for a particular body of water, and from what I can tell ya is most of them will be posted at the water some where usually the boat ramp, but it is easier to call the dnr for a certain lake by the district or zone that it is in. Some are allowed and stipulate that they can not be left unattended, some are for day light hours only, etc. like I said tho the biggest thing is just mark your items with name and address, and local (city) LAKES as you know have some of their own added regs along with the state, but you will find most are only posted at the water usually by a boat ramp.... Hope this helps ya some.

4. xposedguts

xposedguts New Member

State:
    Illinois
    This is all great info, thanks alot guys!

5. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    I think it is phone number instead of address... if it is address instead, all of my jugs are illegal. LOL

6. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Sorry Brian, but the regs say name and complete address; nothing is said about phone number. It doesn't say that zip code is part of the 'complete' address, but I'd put it on just to play safe.

7. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    LOL BW! Address, Guess they figured not everyone might have a phone but most live somewhere,,,,still think yer gonna be alright tho:tounge_out:

8. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I don't know.....seems like they might just rather send you a ticket instead of calling you to warn you that they're looking for you.

9. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Sweet. I will use some address labels and wrap some clear boxing tape over it to keep it from falling off. Thanks Bros for clueing me in! I could have sworn I read it was phone number before.

10. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    :smile2::smile2::smile2: jtrew, thats about the size of it.

BW, thats all we do works just fine and easy.

11. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Know who I blame? I blame Paul Furry for this one too. He is the one who showed me that kind of jug and he only had his phone number.

That's who it is to blame! So I will be happy to forward my fines to him instead. :wink:

Wait.. I think Randy showed Paul that kind of jug... or was it Garry Eads... you are all fined! :crazy::smile2::smile2:

12. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    I would blame Paul as well (why not!?) Better yet, put Pauls name, address, and phone number on your jugs. That way, he will be the one contacted if, for example, some jugs get stranded on an island out at Carlyle :wink:

Brian - my dad e-mailed me today and said that he talked with a guy in town who caught a 40# flathead at Baldwin yesterday.

13. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Brian, just because current regs require your complete address doesn't mean that at some time in the past your phone # wasn't required. For example, when I moved back to Arkansas in 1983, you could tie off your trotlines with any type cord you wanted to use, then 5 or 6 years ago, they started requiring that they be tied off with cotton cord, apparently so that abandoned trotlines would eventually fall to the bottom. But finding cotton cord strong enough to use to tie off a trotline is like trying to find a steel penny; you just about have to special order it from out of state. So, a couple of years back, they did away with the regulation requiring cotton cord. Also, when I started jugging, there was no limit on how many jugs you could have on the water; now you are limited to 20 jugs. Regs change, and we just have to keep up with them.

14. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Well where the heck was that flathead 2 days ago. Booger :angry:

15. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    The funny thing is that the 40# flathead was the only fish he's caught from Baldwin this year over 10#. Heck, you beat that Saturday! :big_smile:

16. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    He was probably looking for your address :big_smile::big_smile: then he realized that it was you with a ROD and REEL and just couldn't bring himself to punish you like that!:happy::happy::happy:

Hey you all happen to know what the water temp was there on Bald???

17. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Randy - the water temp ranged from 77 - 80 degrees. We caught our better fish at 10-12 feet deep and 78 degree water.

Hey you all happen to know what the water temp was there on Bald???[/QUOTE]

18. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Thanks Aaron Just trying to get an idea on some of the power plant waters, and the temps on them. STILL RUNNING high 80s on coffeen but the flats should be moving up into the north end water where it is cooler.

19. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Shoot ya.. but that smaller one was a better fight than the big one.

20. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Okay.. the jugs are legal again. :smile2:

I got some cool address labels with fish on them. HAHA