i know its not winter yet

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by catinaldatime, Sep 12, 2008.

1. catinaldatime

catinaldatime New Member

State:
    Girard, IL
    but it will be here soon.dont let cold water discourage u when it comes to catfishing,here r some pics of me fishing in the winter of 06 the pics with the fishing poles,if u look closely u will see about 5 feet of ice off the bank,well on 1-2-06 i went and tore fish up,regular lake really cold water,1 after the next with liver,i know how it is,its easy to get discouraged when it comes to ice on the water,how many of u fish in the winter time,i my self love it.

Attached Files:

2. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Thanks for the pics. Busted ice with the boat many a morning. Hate it when floaters push you off your spot.

3. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    It seems that I do my best fishing in the winter and I don't have to worry about them other boats

4. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    sounds like a good time. man i cant wait to do some fishing. :big_smile:

5. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    I have never fished the dead of the winter before, but this post ties in with several other things I have read lately on this subject, and am gonna give it a go this winter.

Thanks for the post!!

6. catinaldatime

catinaldatime New Member

State:
    Girard, IL
    so any way big muddy what is up brother,we miss ya,dude where r u?good to hear from ya.yea i will be fishing hard this winter,as a matter of fact i will be trying more cold lakes just to see what happends,i like the winter fishing because most of the time u have lake to yourself,no noise,not that noise matters.but its peaceful,plus i like useing liver in the winter in cold lakes,helps keep it on your hook as well.now in power plants and summer i use big baits,just wondering if some of yall use big baits in cold water lakes and catch fish?any info u have will make me a better cat man this winter thank you.