I knew him by his words.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by postbeetle, May 31, 2007.

1. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I have been asked to post my stories in Becky's Storytelling. That's what I am going to do-I always do what someone older than me tells me what to do. I enjoy creating these stories and for some reason got to get them out of my system before I'm dead. Whether you read them or not is up to you. If I make you laugh, cry and at best think I will be very satisfied. Someone once said, I think is was me. "I never knew him personally. I got to know him by his words and that was enough." If you get to know me by my words, great. If I think you can't find my words then I will keep writing them, but on a piece of paper instead of this keyboard. I'll stuff them in my desk and my wife can take them to goodwill with my underwear when I croak. At least I will have them out of my system. Thank you- John

2. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I think I'm fair at reading between the lines.... but I'll pass on reading between the skidmarks...:lol:

Ol' Man

~~~~~~~~~~
    Those who want to learn listen; those who know it all interrupt.

3. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    I dont think ill be going to the Goodwill for my skivies:lol:Keep the stories coming John and ill keep reading!!!:smile2:

4. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    keep posting for us john, i enjoy readin your stories.

5. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey John,

I just wanted you to know that I like reading your stories after a hard & long day at work- so:
    "keep them coming Buddy"!

:0a31:

Take Care,
    Bert:cool2: & Shania:0010:

:worship::0a23:
    Bert & "Deltalover"

6. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I for one love a good story teller and you Sir can really capture my attention. Please continue!:big_smile_2:

7. pythonjohn

pythonjohn New Member Supporting Member

State:
    F L A Swamps
    John,
    You keep posting and I'll keep reading.
    Here is a idea for you....:big_smile: if you feel like your gona croak don't put any underware.......That will fool em!!!:lol:

8. pythonjohn

pythonjohn New Member Supporting Member

State:
    F L A Swamps
    Ok! John
    I am older than you .
    Sure would like to hear some more of you stories on the rambling thread.
    Will be waiting maybe you can spark a storie from me.
    Your story tellin buddie. :roll_eyes:

9. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Okey Dokey ol' Pythonjohn. I got a lot of stories. A lot of words. Some of my words are prob. about to get me put in the twilight zone instead of anywhere on here. I would like to give it a shot on your ramblings thread. I can ramble as good as anybody for an old fart as Darcy says. I'll give you a parody when I get it put together, don't know how soon, make sure you have plenty of toilet paper in the house.

10. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    what the hell is a parroty? sounds like some jimmy buffet-table stuff.

you keep posting stories and i might learn somethin' other than being a smarta$$.

11. SHARON FLEMING

SHARON FLEMING New Member

State:
    IOWA
    John, I always enjoy your stories, keep on posting and I will keep on reading
    :big_smile:
    Sharon

12. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey, There aint no new stories yet. I been waitin all day. I'm bored. I've almost ran out of people to mouth off too!:smile2:

13. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    John aren't they gonna be able to use those against you at a later date ta keep ya in the institution? I'd keep it a secret. Maybe a "pen name". LOL
    Type real slow for me an Baitchunker.

14. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Hey.. I like Jimmy Buffet!

Now a Parody.. hmmm... if you put one to music and release it in Nashville, you just might get rich!

Maybe you and KatInDaHat can team up!

I enjoy the entertainment you provide with your words, John. At least until you get to the pet snake stuff. I'm really not sure who I would assimilate you with. I'm thinking a Louis L'Amour, Stephen King, Mark Twain kinda thing.

I anxiouly await your words with baited breath. :wink:

15. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Mr Boots:
    I am under the witness protection plan now. Unless I go after a political candidate I doubt that they will poke at me too much. Besides, this bowl of pills I have next to the computer is supposed to keep me out of trouble. Anyhow I know how to get out of a strait jacket and can escape at any time.
    John.

16. dademoss

dademoss New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Parroty is one of them big birds you serve at thanksgiving?

17. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    everybody likes jimmy. john i didnt know you could pull the ol houdini. that would be a kool trick. make sure that bowl of peanut m and m's doesnt get mixed up with the bowl of plain m and m's.

boots is a corpsman so im sure he could get the yellow seperated from the green and red, just as long as you type slow enough for us.:tounge_out:

18. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    If you mix the male m&m's and the female m&m's together in the same bowl will we get mini m&m's?

19. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Those pills don't have a bunch of M's and W's on them by any chance?:smile2:

20. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I'll make you a deal,John . As long as you keep postin those great reads you do ,I'll keep readin . I love em.