I just love our great system

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catfish kenny, Nov 26, 2007.

1. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I Have to say I love this great nation but I can see why the postman lost it. Thanksgiving morning I had three teeth decide that they want to fester and put me down .It hurt so bad I almost passed out a couple times and I am tripping cause we have Christmas coming,living check to check.... Oh and I just lost my job for the winter ....it is just not the kick in the???? I need.Lilly and all the kids have insurance but not good ole dad.I am not to proud to know I need freaking help here and I did goto get it but the great thing about our nation is no matter what you dont have you still need more.I have to go see a local dentist to get refered to the university and the good ole jaw aint cutting me no slack.I called around and one secratary informed me no payments ,as everywhere else .After about 6 of these calls one tells me I'd better get er done with that jaw swellin up it could be life threatning.I come a little unglued and give her a nice piece of my mind and I hung up on her.I am ticked...I dont want no freakin hand out but I need help,I work my butt off diong whatever I can for my familey and this has a devistaion factor financialey since two years ago me and Lilly put it all on the line to get our house.WE DONT HAVE IT LIKE THAT! I bet if I snuck over on a ship Id Get er done............GOTTA LOVE THE SYSTEM THOUGH!

2. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Maybe if you snuck over to Postbeetles place he could help you out, bein' an ol' retired vet I'll bet he's yanked a tooth or two...:smile2:

3. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I'm self employed at havent worked in a month myself. Getting kind of edgy myself Bro. I understand but I aint asking for no handouts myself.

4. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    LOL Ozzy is that you ? With out the hat or beard you look like a different man lol are them tuna you got there?

5. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Ole Man there is no way in h@#$ I am lettin Postbeetle get anywhere near me I am crazy but I aint dumb:wink:

6. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I'm a young pup in that pic, SSHHHHH!!!! Yup yellowtail from the Coronados. I got 17 that day on live squid. Candy is what we called them.

7. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Kenny ya got pain I hear. Ya got a fever too? Ya start running or have a fever ya need to get yerself to a Dr. if not a dentist. You'll need some antibiotics for sure. Ain't nothing to mess with. Wish I could help, but my big luxury is the dial up for the PC, LOL.

8. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Kenny, get your butt up to Iowa City to the dental school tomorrow. If you get septic you could be in deep doodoo. They have a program there that can help you until things get better for ya. A lot of folks around here use them if things are tight.

I used to do my share of dental work, esp on dogs. But I don't know about you Kenny. I worked on some mean dogs, but you might be more than I could handle.

Get to Iowa City. Prob a 2 1/2 to 3 hour drive for you.

Your favorite go to guy to roast 'Ol John "The Deathwatch" beetle.

9. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    LUCKY FOR YOU AINT DEAD ....when I called they siaid I have to have a local dentist refer me and I just about in enough pain right know that I am feelin postal I am gonna go to our er and get me a fat bill right know I have had enough

10. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I got some antibiotics and goto a dentist fer a referal in the morning then will find out when togoto Iowa City to get em out

11. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Dang ,Buddy I hope ya get them bad teeth out ,it would suk having that pain much longer,I have had a bad one before . Sad thing is they allways get worse and fast .

12. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Yeah yer right and right know it couldnt be a worse time for me.....I dont wanna cry to much but My babies need x-mass and I am the only one in the house that dont have insurance........HOPFULY TOMMOROW AT 11 am I will know when it is gonna be over cause it is kicking my@#$.

13. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Well I got the swelling down and I now have my appiontment fer 11am monday.I hope I can doer with just a local otherwise I need to go up twice....Found out I need 4 out instead of three to.Hell hurt so bad I coulnt tell:eek:oooh:

14. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Come on over... I got some pliers, hammer and a chisel. I'll take real good care of those 4 teeth.. I will take others out too free of charge.

15. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    DONT TEMPT ME................................:wink:

16. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Now Kenny, you know I like pain, but not my own. Anyway ifn you come over I'll get my trusty angle head visegrips out of the garage and pull them out myself. I know you hate to ask, but I'd do for a friend and a fellow BOCer no problem. Anyway if you don't want me to do it, I'll runn you down to BWHUPP in Belleville. I spent 4 years of my like in that area, and I think I can find it again. Let me know. Later Andy

17. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Fellas I hope a local is gonna be enough and monday aint to far.....

18. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Just don't do like those Mexicans did a few years ago and try to shoot them out. LOL I don't know who started that fad but several people ended ALL their pain trying that. My brother-in-law finally got 100% disability from the V.A. and is going in Jan. 1st to have all his pulled. Dentists are one of the biggest scams out there. Mine weren't even bothering me until last month when I went for a cleaning, and spent $3,000 for cleaning, scaling, and a couple fillings. Then a few days later one broke in half while I was eating...another $385. Now they say I will need a root canal soon...another $1,900 for one tooth that they may not be able to save anyway. Where's my pistol?

19. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    Good luck with the dentist still need to see one but cant justify the bills they wanna give.Figure till it hurts will keep on a eating I might check with U of L and see if they can work on me cheap.

20. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Yup, we are all in the wrong business. That ceramic crown that's gonna cost you $1900 cost the dentist between $70-$80 from the lab. BOHICA!

And vision wear, frames, lenses and such has a 500% mark up, lab to retail.

Just a matter of how much you want to see what yer eating. Not like they have a scam going or anything......just another of lifes luxuries you have to pay for. LOL

:smile2: