Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was having a conversation with some bass fishermen at the boat ramp about why we catch what we catch.

One of the bass fishermen said he liked catching the "ultimate predator" in the freshwater. I laughed at him and said, "I did not know you fished for flathead catfish". Of course he said hastily, "the largemouth is the ultimate predator".

I had to break it to him that a 40 pound flathead can easily eat a three pound largemouth bass, but I have never seen a three pound largemouth eat a 40 pound flathead.

So, who is the "ultiamte predator"? :wink:

·
Banned
10,335 Posts
I'm pretty sure if flathead jumped out of the water like a bass, all the bass guys would be catfisherman. To me a bass is just an ordianry sunfish to me. I treat them like thier close relatives the bluegill, green sunfish, and pumpkinseed

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Come on guys, I like Bass fishing sometimes. I have to keep my 'Mickey Mouse" gear in working order in case the grandkids want to go fishing. They're still to small to handle my catfish rods.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Brothers and Sisters,
I stopped counting a long time ago the number of times I let some Bass/Bait fisherperson shoot their mouths off like that and then quietly put them in their place!:wink::smile2::smile2: LOL!!
In some ways it's actually getting boring!
Keep up the good work Ya All!:big_smile: We of the BOC know what the real Predator is in the waters we fish.
Fraternally,
Coyote1
[[[[[End of Post]]]]]

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
I was having a conversation with some bass fishermen at the boat ramp about why we catch what we catch.

One of the bass fishermen said he liked catching the "ultimate predator" in the freshwater. I laughed at him and said, "I did not know you fished for flathead catfish". Of course he said hastily, "the largemouth is the ultimate predator".

I had to break it to him that a 40 pound flathead can easily eat a three pound largemouth bass, but I have never seen a three pound largemouth eat a 40 pound flathead.

So, who is the "ultiamte predator"? :wink:
The "ultimate predator" is WOMAN.

There is no close second to her.

She is waayyy ahead of second place.

The "ultimate Bull Manurer" is MAN

The "ultimate pound for pound fighting-est fresh water fish in the USA that I have ever caught " is a Bow Fin.

The "ultimate rig is Your personal preference.

Bass are good bait,but mighty poor fighters and even worse for eating.

NOW,that I have said this.I have never caught a flathead to the best of my knowledge.If I have,it was small and I did not recognize it as such.

I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
That guy can fish his whole life, and his kids, and grandkids lives and he will never catch a 40 pound bass! LOL Any bass he does catch I can use as bait up to 6 or 8 lbs. The only thing a bass can scare is a baby bluegill or a minnie lol. A 40 lb flathead can scare just about anything in the water.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I caught a bass once while realing in, had a shiner on. I thought to myself, I worked hard to gather my bait, so out of anger I left him on while I rebaited my other line. I caught a really nice and tasty 22lb flathead.....Almost made me take up bass'n for bait!!!!!!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.