I just had to catch something !

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by FishMan, Apr 29, 2006.

1. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Daylight 4-29-2006 I was real quite sitting in the boat at my slip, the wind was light and as I rigged some reels for bass I was thinking I would fish close by until it became light enough to hit the main river channel and this worked, within 5 minutes (BAM) 3 1/2 pounder. Last time out catfishing I saw lots of baitfish on a certain bank with a like wind so away I go. Fished for about 10 minutes and (BAM) 2 pounder. At this point I was thinking about all the hours I have fished for that trophy blue with no luck and I was really into catching something for a change. I thought if I had 1 more a fresh fish dinner could be on the menu and about that time (BAM) 7 1/2 pounder. What a morning. I was at the boat this morning to get her out of the water as I am going to a gathering next weekend and wanted to do a few things to her this week, it was just so nice out I had to do a little fishing and inside I was hoping I would catch something to talk about with the guys. Not catfish but I am still after my first trophy catfish.

I will now try to make pictures appear.

2. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I don't know how to post pictures. HELP

3. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I followed the instructions for file attachment and nothing. I have four pictures I could e mail someone if you can help. my e mail is

dannymcclure@aol.com

4. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Email sent. I'll resize them for you.

5. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Here's the picture's of Danny's fish-

Attached Files:

6. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Zakk, Thanks for the help

7. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    No problem, anytime.:smile2:

8. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Dang nice bucketmouths. Where was you at?

9. fat_fish55

fat_fish55 New Member

State:
    illinois
    man one thing i cant stand
    people keeping large mouth from public waters
    oh well everybody has thier opinions

10. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Cumberland, out of bumpus mills marina. caught close to kentucky tennessee state line On a large black buzz bait

11. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Why's that? I don't see a problem.

Eric

12. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    KC, some largemouth must be removed from the waters to keep it healthy. I have returned more fish to the water than you more than likely have ever seen but I do keep some to eat and just a little information, bass are panfish they are in the sunfish family.

It's not nice to express hate.

13. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    hey FishMan,that was a great catch and an even better dinner!!!

14. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Nice Bass indeed.

15. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Nice mess of fish there Danny. I bet that was some fun watchin' them smash that buzz bait !

16. fat_fish55

fat_fish55 New Member

State:
    illinois
    hmmmm..
    didnt intend any hate but i guess thats how u took it
    just most public waters especialy rivers are not up to thier potential with bass
    there are guys out there that make money fishin tournaments and trying to catch fish and let them grow while other people are eating them
    if its overpopulated then thats good to do i guess
    but just as people say with catfish
    its especialy important to let the bigguns go

17. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    That looks to be a great trip. Bet they tasted great too. I dont see a problem keeping those bass. Sounds like that lake has a good population and wont be harmed. Bass grow faster and reproduce more than cats. Makes you wonder what lies beneath your slip. Perhaps eater cats are closer than you think.

18. bondman

bondman New Member

State:
    Vandalia, IL
    I know that I am about to get pounded for my opinion BUT here it is anyway. I dont see a problem with taking ANY fish home to eat be it a 50 pound cat or a 7 1/2 pound bass. I have also put fish of every species and size back into the water. I fish for both food and pleasure , and after I have some fish in the freezer I still fish. Now dont get me wrong I love to fish and have done so for many years. I had put fish in the freezer way before I left for Iraq. While I was gone my family had fish to eat and they enjoyed it all because I took the fish home. now there is my 2 cents so go ahead and pound away.
    Bondman

19. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    our public waters are managed for just that reason. some fish are ment to be taken each year to keep everything balanced. my family has lived on this water for over 30 years, when I was younger I spent hunders of hours building good habitat for this lake. we have always has a great amount of eating fish but several years we went to a 15 inch limit on bass to serve the tournament fisherman and I have taken no fish to eat in over 5 years. last year alone I caught and released several hunderd bass. I know I have done my part to serve the bass fisherman and now that we have many more bigger bass I will take a few times a year some for the table. I don't keep them in the freezer just like a fresh dinner once ever so often. This big bass had already done her job for the year. she had no eggs, notice her beat up red tail. She had a 9 inch bass in her belly.

Danny

20. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    great sized bucketmouths. no wonder you were in the south bass here dont get that large i wish we did though. same for the catfish lol