I just got some pretty cool news.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Katmaster Jr., Sep 13, 2007.

1. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Some of you know my Dad owns a music venue, mostly has rock bands, but there's some of everything. Anyway, he just told me some news that I'm pretty excited about, the drummer from ACDC is coming! October 16th this band called Rhinobucket is playing and he is thier drummer....I can't wait to meet him, and will definitely get an autograph, I've always liked ACDC a lot.

Anyway, I just had to share the news...lol

Zakk:roll_eyes:

2. Skunk River Cat

Skunk River Cat New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Wow, that something. Very cool indeed.

3. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    very cool zakk!!!!!! dirty deeds was the first tape i ever bought(76 i think it was) we better see you with a new profile pic after that:wink:

4. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Well, I hate to be so repetitive, but COOL seems to be the appropriate word. October 16th you say? ROAD TRIP :wink:. Wish we all lived in NC, we could just rent a bus and pick up all the old AC/DC fans along the way to Murfreesboro :big_smile:! Thanks for sharin' Zakk. I know that show will be lots of fun....maybe he'll let ya take a test run on his drums :cool2:.

5. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    You probably will man...lol I believe that's the CD of thiers that I have also, his name is Simon Wright by the way, and I just checked out his website and he is also the drummer for DIO! Check it out....

http://www.myspace.com/drummersimonwright

Tanya, that definitely would be awesome....I wasn't going to go at first because it's on a Tuesday night, but when I found out he was the drummer I changed plans. I mean, I'll get to chill with him in the dressing room and stuff as long as he's a nice guy which he probably is....and a test run on his drums....:eek:oooh: That would be incredible!

6. lilgriz

lilgriz New Member

State:
    Aurora, KY
    man, that sounds sweet! let us know how it goes!

7. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    Zakk, sounds like you are on cloud 9 right now...I am happy for you that you will get the opportunity to meet someone you like so much like that. I hope all goes well for you and you make many memories. Congratulations.

8. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Dude, nice, RhinoBucket is actually a pretty cool band (for us mid-thirties guys who were into Crue, etc:wink:) They've been around forever. Rumor is their first gig they didn't have a name for the band yet and were talking about it and one of the guys' girfriends was hammered and threw up. Sounded like she was yelling "rhinobucket" into the john, so that was the name they picked:smile2: Dunno, I first heard that story around '88 or so so I may have it wrong, but that's the way I heard it. Listen for a couple of songs called "one night stand" and "beat to death like a dog", 2 of my personal faves. "one night stand" was their big single in the dim, dead days of my youth. Enjoy it and I hope you get to hang with Simon!

Branden

9. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    knock him over the head and mail him to kansas...ill pay darn good money for him...lol not really that must be awsome thogh...AC/DC is one of the best bands ever

10. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Zakk, with all this "cool" being thrown at you, I hope you don't get too coolified for us...:cool2:

11. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Zakk ,I'm glad for you,If thats what your into way cool. I think I'd be the same way if I had the chance to meet Hank JR.

12. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Go Zakk! Your rubbing elbows with the big dogs these days! :cool2: Its only a matter of time till your the drummer that people will recognize by name! :big_smile: Keep on pounding them skins bro!

13. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Thanks everyone! About Rhinobucket, that's really cool you've heard them, and you're probably right about how they got thier name...lol

Now as long as they don't cancel the show or something, it will be one of the coolest nights of my life...lol

14. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I don't have a clue to what you-all are talking about.In my day anyone ACDC kept it very quiet if they could.Times have changed.I wish you the very best and hope you have a great time.You are a very special person to many of us on the BOC due to the way you treat others.I am very proud of you and I thank you.I wish you the best.I am happy for you.I love you Brother.I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

15. Shizzam

Shizzam New Member

State:
    Lancaster,Pa.
    man thats cool:cool2::cool2::cool2: