I just found out my back is much better, I am fishing soon

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by flathunter, Jul 21, 2008.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I live in an apartment, we have a pretty good sized dog living with us, we have had him since a puppy..He does not like other dogs:wink:

Well just so happened my wife opened the front door today, an standing in our yard was a small poodle type dog...My dog saw him and out the door he ran after him:crazy:

My wife yelled that our dog was loose and chasing another dog, witout thinking I bolted out the door as fast as a 280-lb fat man can run!!!!!.

I chased them around the apartment complex in my socks I was running full speed when I remembered, I just had back surgery!!!!!!

About the same time I steped in a small hole:crazy: I thought I was going down, or at least feel alot of pain...nope nothing I felt great!!!!! I finally caught up with my dog a feww 100 yds latter...heck I feel better than I have in years...And I still had 14 staples in my back....

I get them out thursday, and this dude is fishing saturday.....If my wife lets me!:wink:

2. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    well thats good news i will be fishing tuesday wednesday thursday satuday and next monday ...... if my mom lets me lol:smile2::wink:

3. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thats good news Jack! Dont over do it though bro, give it some time before you go and wreck yourself again. :wink:

4. JKrupp

JKrupp New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thats awesome brother I bet you are pumped but I would recomend doing some bait fishing friday and see how you feel come saturday. You dont really think about how much twisting on your back you do while you are fishing when you cast out and set the hook

5. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio

Hollar at me and I'll see if I can meet you and give the Flatheads a run for their money!

6. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Stop scaring the neighbors and be careful. I cant say much for back surgery but with my hip I thought I was ok doing things until the next day. I felt good atm but not so good later, LOL.

-Jim-

7. RIVERRUNT

RIVERRUNT Member

State:
    reynoldsburg ohio
    Be careful,dont overdo it,dont fish by yourself and maybe wait a little longer!!!!!!!

8. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    great news,jack.good to see your gonna be able to get out

9. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Good luck with the fishing, make sure you take it easy

10. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    be careful Jack, adrenaline is one thing, I bet you feel it in the am. Glad you feel better though.

11. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Just be careful Jack!!! I'm hoping to go Fri and Sat if I'm allowed also...:roll_eyes::wink:

I wish they would have just went ahead and done surgery on mine, I'm getting sick of not sleeping and it hurting all the dam time! Plus its too hot to be wearing this brace all the time.....:confused2:

12. OhioRiverCatfisher

OhioRiverCatfisher New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Glad to hear your almost back to fishing but don't over do it. See the Doc and do what he says and you'll be ready to fight that PB your after... Good Fishing Brother!!

13. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Another thing I forgot to mention, get the Dr. to write you a script to go fishing. If anything is said just pull out the script and show her. Usually works for me.....:roll_eyes::wink::smile2:

14. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    It sounds like you are ready Jack!!!! I had back surgery in 1990 and was fishing within 2 weeks and even trimmed a house after 1 month. Just take a comfortable chair. My worst pain came from too much sitting. Actually the more active you are the quicker will be your recovery. Good Luck to ya brother!!!!

15. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Sounds like your doing a lot better now. Glad to hear it.
    I bet you looked pretty strange chasing that dog with just your socks on!! LOL I'm trying not to picture it!!

16. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Jack,
    A word to the wise and I am speaking from experience here:
    Now is the most dangerous time of all to re-injure your back. As you found out with the dog, it is so easy to do things without thinking and that is what may get you into trouble. Be really careful how you land that hawg...W

17. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Go get 'em Jack. Probably means all the fish will be so scared that I won't be able to catch anything this weekend.