I hope you don't mind

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Matthew72, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Matthew72

Matthew72 New Member

State:
    Cobden Il.
    I was born January,19 1972 in Pontotoc, Mississippi to a poor couple living in a small house on the edge of town. I was perfectly normal until I was six weeks old, when I caught the pneumonia and was hospitalized. I started gaining weight at an alarming rate and have been obese ever since. I went through grade school, middle school ,and high school with the usual fun making and mean remarks, but I was mostly liked by everyone.
    I went to a community college for a few years to get a degree in Automotive Technology. I took the courses but failed a few. I loved the school a lot. I never took a writing course in high school or there. I took English Literature and was very happy in that particular class. Intermediate Algebra was a different story all together. I failed it miserably. That made me lose my grant so I did not continue down that road.
    I never really had a girlfriend in school or after until I was thirty one years old. I got a computer that year and I was looking all over the net at everything. I found a site for men that are overweight and the women that admire them. I felt very at home there and was in that group for a few days when one night, September 29 2003, I got an instant message from a young lady saying she had seen my picture on the BHM, Big Handsome Men, site and she wanted to say hi and welcome me to the group properly. We talked from ten thirty that night until five o’clock the next morning. We have been together ever since.
    She was married and living up here with her husband when we met. She filed for the divorce and got it soon after. A few days later she moved down to Mississippi with me and we set up house there. Soon, the pressure was to much from my family. They wanted me to spend all my time with them, like I had before meeting April, and I could not do that and have a successful relationship with her at the same time. There was never time for us to be a couple. My mother was also trying to control every move we made. She is a controlling, evil woman and a story in her own right. So, we moved up here near her family.
    We live with her mother and stepfather in Cobden. We have seven chickens and three dogs at our place and we all get along wonderfully so our lives are very happy ones. One day we were sitting around talking about what to do the next day and April said, ”why don’t we go to the college and take classes?” She had graduated from Shawnee Community College with an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Human and Social Support Services. I wanted to finish getting my degree in Automotive Technology as well. So, the next day we were filling out our papers to get the Pell Grant.
    I started off taking the classes I needed, to get the degree I had started so many years ago. I was taking the English 111 and learning a lot. I never knew how much I would love writing. Ms. Stone was a great teacher and she opened my mind to the world of expressing my self with words. I have always been a chatter box and now I find myself trying to type as much as I talk. When time came to sign up for this semester, Ms. Roberts said that I could be so much more than a grease monkey and suggested I change my major to General Studies. I did that and she set me up with a more challenging curriculum. Now, I just want to learn as much as I can.
    So to sum up the short version of my life story, I went through my life and had some good times and bad times. I have so many funny stories that it would fill a large, leather bound book Autographed by the author. I believe it will make a great Autobiography.

2. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    matt, thanks for sharing that dude. A lot of times we share or don't share our personal life. For some it's uncomfortable, while for others it helps them. I hope that it does the latter for ya bro.
    Life is a strange thing. It's the same but still different for each and everyone of us.
    I hope that your (and her) education plans work for ya. Good luck!

3. Matthew72

Matthew72 New Member

State:
    Cobden Il.
    I am glad to share my world with others. I wish that someone could read my stuff and say, "you know I feel the same way", or,"That happened to me and now I know I am not alone in this".....

I also would like to ask, how can I give rep points or what ever I am allowed to give ? I just dont know how.

My new comp teacher asked us to write a short paper on ourselves. So this is titled "the Matthew story the short version"

4. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    Matt I don't know about your teacher but I would give you a A+
    Good luck with school

5. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    matt, i think you will do well in this endeavor.
    please allow me to say one thing here....
    remind ms roberts that grease monkeys, like myself, keep america rolling...i doubt not that you are better off in your new choice, but i am disappointed that a teacher would turn her nose up at any service profession, much less such an important one.

6. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Matt, just wanted to say your story read very well. I think your autobiography would be very intriguing judging from what we have read. And I am sure that when you have sharpened your skills and have the time to devote to a work of that magnitude, that you will be able reach many people and touch their hearts. :) Thank God for spell check.lol

7. Matthew72

Matthew72 New Member

State:
    Cobden Il.
    Thank you all. I am sure that Ms Roberts is very understandin as far as Mechanics go. She was just tellin me I had potentail to be a writer or Social Psycologist type. I Know she respects Grease Monkeys cause her cars are cared for very well by a few she taught in her class. Please take this apology from me for her. I know she meant no harm in usin those words.