I hope this weather breaks for the weekend

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by cathog, Jan 6, 2010.

1. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    I sure hope this weather breaks for the weekend. I have an uncle coming in from Colorado to catch some big blues. Being from up there he can handle it, but I am not sure if I can handle fishing in the single digit temps :Mad:.

2. cassk

cassk New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Better buy some more drift socks!!!!! Good luck to ya Gary... it is for sure going tobe cold!!!!

3. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    What Cass, you not taking that new boat, an going down to fish with Gary this weekend ?That would be a good test of how the boat would handle the ruff water an the cold :Stars:

4. thecatman

thecatman New Member

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    oh i agree this cold sure is gonna make fishing rough but the colder it is the better the fish stack up least its suppose to be somewhat calm this weekend and not 30-40mph winds

5. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    itll break allright..break jack frosts foot off in our rear

6. gdlocal10

gdlocal10 New Member

State:
    kansas
    I had a friend that lived in the mountains in Colorado, and when it was 50 here he was cold because of the moisture in the air. hope you get in some fishing anyway, up here he ld be on ice skates. sorry that the cold krept in on yall, it just makes you appreciate the warmth. GOOD LUCK

7. cassk

cassk New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    What Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!! :snowman:

8. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Boy it is cold out there and really really windy. I drove across Tawak this morning and it looked like the Gulf of Mexico out there during a hurricane... ok not that bad but the whitecaps had whitecaps on top of them:tongue1:. The last time I saw it this bad was during the Cabelas tourney last February. Temps here are hanging at 27 but the wind chill is in single digits. At least all the wind dried the rain up before it got below freezing or it would be really ugly out there. I hope the wind lays down, I can handle the cold but mixed with wind it is brutal.

9. Wanda BARNER

Wanda BARNER Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    Name:
    Wanda
    I never did like it when the wind blew the water off the waves, now thats rough. We have realy strong wind today but no waves. Lake is froze over hard , may be a few day or weeks befor we can get back out. Hope you get to fish your family, good luck and be safe.

10. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    I was looking forward to seeing some big pics from today. Guess I'll have to wait. We have stock tanks down here that have got whitecaps on them.

11. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    windchill of 12 where i am :male-fighter1:

12. divingcat

divingcat New Member

State:
    Texas
    I have been wanting to go catfishing the past month and thought this might be a good weekend. WRONG! You boys and girls going out in the weather have more ##### than I do. Good luck, you deserve to catch a lake record.