I hit gold again

Discussion in 'Metal Detecting' started by Bobpaul, Aug 4, 2006.

1. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    It's my first time ever to get two rings on a hunt.

I went out at about 7:00 tonight just to hunt till dark. I hit that same little strech of beach I posted pics of. Only ended up with .58 but the two rings made up for the poor showing of coins for that 1 1/2 hr hunt.

The first I hit was a ladies silver with a piece of jade in it, the other was a 14K man's wedding band in white gold. I thought I'd feel better about it than I do. It's the thought of the memories lost by that man that goes with the ring I think, that takes away from the find.

Attached Files:

2. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Nice finds, Bob. I understand your feelings about the wedding ring, someone probably really regretted losing that (hopefully anyway :smile2:)

3. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Good find Bobpaul. I wouldn't worry about that ring cause if he was smart he bought another one before she found out it was missing.

ST

4. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Dang Bob! I saw the pics you posted earlier too! You keep it up and the pawn shop might be able to make you a rich man!

5. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Way to go .
    Next you will find a chest full of gold coins..
    Pete

6. Gibbzilla

Gibbzilla New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Nice finds! Sad thing about the man losin his ring, though.

7. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    That trip to the national has got me working over time:confused2:

8. kccats

kccats New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    Nice job Bob!
    I hope you hit the pay load one of these times!

9. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Some good finds Bobpaul, congrats.

10. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Dirt fishing again. Well looks like they were biting.:cool2:
    I wouldn't worry to much about that ring Bob. He probably lost it while he was out there with his lady of the evening.:lol: Thats why it fell out of his new to him Hawaiian shirt pocket:lol: :lol:

11. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Way to go Bob! And by the way do you suppose that finder could help me find some of them sneaky catfish that have been eluding me lately? Because if it would I'd Shure pay you Fair Market value For it! Seems like I've tried most everything else Hell Might as well give that a Go! LOL J.D.Straka :smile2:

12. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    you're gonna be rich soon!

13. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    nice find may you have more goodays:smile2:

14. osageCo_flathead

osageCo_flathead New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Congrats....man I cant wait to get my MD

15. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Before long you will be a thousandaire lol. I am taking my detector to florida with me in september hope to find some of that treasure down there.

16. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    That's great that you found those rings and I know what you mean by that too! I lost my band scuba diving undr a bridge in Lock Haven! I once found a couple of british Farthings at my ol' fishing hole that were dated 1773! Now thats a regulation find! LOL I was turning over rocks and the like and a few of the rocks looked too round/circular! After much thumb rubbin' I finally seen the bust and the date...WoW! History in my hands! I have a WHITES metal detector but hav'nt got it out in quite awhile though.

17. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    bobpual, i wouldn't wory about the guy becouse if he was smart he wouldn't have took the ring off in the first place. i never take my ring off. i have a sun tan were my ring is

18. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Thanks folks, for your interest.

Maybe if it had a few diamonds on it I wouldn't have felt that way:roll_eyes:

Benji, When you hunt in Fl, do it at sunrise. Look for where most of the people are the day before, if you can. Hunt that line back and forth and don't be in a hurry. Overlap your swings and get or make yourself a light weight sand sifter type scoop. Dig all your signals. That wedding band sounded off like a poptop.

Here's a pic of an efficient scoop. You can put a long handle on it too.

19. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Well, the pics are sized right, but won't download.

Make it out of 1/2" hardware screen. 6" diameter, by about 8" deep. Just form a cylinder to those dimentions and leave one end open. Attach a handle using 1/4 20 nuts, bolts, and washers and you've got a scoop.

Looking forward to seeing some good finds. Where in Fl?

20. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I'm with Willard on this one. LOL! He was doin somethin not covered in the manual. LOL! Luv the posts Robert. Its like tunein into the "BEACH REPORT" LOL!