I heard one of the ladies say, OH, that's a big fish.

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Love Them Cats, Aug 12, 2006.

1. Love Them Cats

Love Them Cats New Member

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma
    Went fishing last night and I haven't laughed that much in a long time.

We went to one of our favorite spots and there were some other people there fishing.
    From the looks of it, I thought these people had been fishing for years and they were out to catch the big ones?
    They must have had at least twenty R & R's, they had just about every kind of bait you could think of.

It didn't take me long to realize, this might have been their first fishing trip?

The place we were fishing was a dock built on the side of a bridge.
    Every time a car would go by, it would cause the dock to vibrate, which made their poles vibrate a little.
    Each time it happened, one would think they had a bite and run to their pole and give it a big jerk.
    While the one was running, it caused the dock to vibrate more, which caused some of their other poles to move, and they would run and jerk it.

I got to watching them and was laughing my head off (inside of course).

They did end up catching a few small ones that were around 4 - 5 inches.

I was lucky enough to pull in one that might have gone 8 - 10 inches (only one I caught) and I heard one of the ladies say, OH, that's a big fish.

I just about lost it then and I had to go to the car for a little while until I could quit laughing.

No telling what I could have caught if I was watching my poles instead of them?

Ken

2. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    No telling what I could have caught if I was watching my poles instead of them?

Ken
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

But you would not have had as much fun...don't you just love people watching, I enjoy all animal watching including the human person.

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

could you imagine the look on their faces if they would have actually caught a big one. I bet you did have fun watching them though.

4. crusinman2002

crusinman2002 New Member

State:
    Mukwonago, Wisconsin
    sounds like you had a blast... lol

5. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Boy some people will do anything for a laugh won't they.:roll_eyes: Sounds like you had a good night even though you really didn't catch many fish. Love them GREEN HORNS.:lol:

6. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Ive been on many trips like..... But yours sounded like a good time..... lol...

7. Love Them Cats

Love Them Cats New Member

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma
    Even though I didn't catch anything but that one small cat, I had a blast watching them.

Ken

8. okie catfishen

okie catfishen New Member

State:
    Newcastle, Oklahoma
    that was a good story. Made me laugh. I can so see some people I know doing something like that.

Keith,
    Newcastle, Ok

9. uptoolate

uptoolate New Member

State:
    Canyon Lake, Texas
    Hey, those were bites and we just missed 'em. They were not cars or footsteps, they were catfish I tell ya. And I guess you didn't detect the sarcasm in my sister's comment, did you?

Nah, I'm just kidding, that wasn't me, but I have hooked many rocks and tree roots on desperate nights. Funny story.

10. bigmike

bigmike New Member

State:
    Kankakee,Illinois
    Sounds like you had a fun time and a good laugh and that's what counts.