I have to vent..sorry

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Scott Daw, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I had to take my daughter (now 6 mnths old) to the pediatrician today she's developed a viral rash and my wife was worried. doctor said that since she's not running a fever, its nothing to worry about & it'll run its course in about 4 days or so. Well... we're leaving the medical complex and in the lobby comes the elderly lady, has to be in her mid 80's and was by herself. she stops and hikes up her pant leg which is a different color then the rest of the pants. here, getting out of her daughters car (daughter I guess dropped her off to look for a parking spot), the mother had hit her leg just below the knee on the door. Now the lady has a 2- 2.5" deep laceration and its split wide open. She's bleeding heavy and its making a big mess. Well she wasnt worried about it. I told her we need to get her into one of the doctors offices here to look at it and in stuburn old person fashion, or in shock, she's denying anythings wrong with her while whiping the blood off with a tissue, and she'll be ok. She had an appointment for a different kind of doctor for something else. the daughter comes in. COULD CARE LESS, that her moms bleeding heavy and is making a puddle. my wife and I are objecting that she's not alright and needs help but the daughter didnt care nor wanted help for her mom. Daughter says its not that bad & her moms on blood thinners. Hello....big gash and blood thinners dont mix well. She could bleed out. I run across the lobby into a family practitioner and flag down a doc to come out. when I do, theres two older men there holding her up and my wife tells us that the lady had started to pass out and sliding down the wall when the older men caught her. After helping her to a bench & the doctor getting a look. Hes saying its going to need a bunch of stitches. The daughter still is saying she's fine. I swear the daughter wants her mom to kick so she can get her inheritance. Had my wife & daughter not been with me, I'd have gotten in the daughters face and told her off. For the first time I felt like smacking a woman, which I have never and God willing, shall never do. a man shouldnt hit a woman...but if theres a woman that needs it........ I thought I found her. Im sorry if this offends but the way she was, was inexcusable. We left while the doc was treating her in the lobby. We were to upset to stick around any longer and I didnt need a strangers blood on my daughter.

Again, I apologize if this post is deemed unacceptable or offense for the boc but I had to vent.

2. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Scott i know what your saying and how you must of felt about seen that played out in front of you,Some people just don't care about know one but themself's lol If my kid's mom would of been there that lady's daughter would of been in need of some serious medical attention...Cause my son's mom is not one to hold back how she feels or think's about anything or anyone and she is more than willing to prove it too lmoa :eek:oooh:

3. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Don't apologize, you have nothing to apologize for brother. You did what any well balanced human would have done in that case. Of course a person as balanced as I am would have cut the daughters leg and told her...It will be fine, it doesn't need attention, LOL!!!

4. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    :confused2:ya man women do some wierd things.. im only 17 and ive figured that out.. this chick ive never met is talking to me about how she wants to marry me and idk how she got the idea i was even interested in her.. and this other chick that i used to date is tellin me how she started datin this one guy to hurt me and how she wishes she didnt know.. well its like dang learn to think ahead lady!.. women do some wierd things and im gettin tired of them

5. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Get used to it. they get weirder on a seasonal pattern (about every 28 days). My marine corp, Assistant naval science instructor from NJROTC once told us, never trust anything that can bleed for a week and live. There's some truth in those words. There was a girl I dated from childhood into high school. Her name is amanda. according to her we dated for 7 years off & on. well I had a job. and we were both from low income households so I told her that come prom time. I'll buy the dress, limo what ever she wants so she can go with me. About a week prior to prom she tells me she isnt going, she's sleeping over at her friends house. So I go with a girl I knew liked me. told her of the situation and if we broke up, would she be interested in me. I kept her in my back pocket for a few days. then broke up with amanda after giving her time to explain herself. I went straight over to my "new g/f's house" after breaking up with her. I thought amanda was cheating. she could have just said no in advance but gave me a lame excuse. I found out from her one sister a few years later that she was embarrassed that she couldnt afford her dress. Dispite the fact that I offered to pay for everything. I had thought we had a serious future prior to it. So did her folks. Amanda always had a communication problem. As in she'd never talk about anything that was bothering her. I got tired of it and moved on.

6. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Wil, it's time you found out. ALL women are EVIL! Pure EVIL! They get together and practice their evilness. Not that they need much practice, seeing as how they are born that way.

Oh, I better edit this one. Whistler, make sure that Joann realizes that she is the one exception to the rule.
    Wheeeeew, close one.

7. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Maybe the old bird had it comein. She may have rode in on a broom. LOL! Talk about offensive. LOL!

8. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Glad to see you cared! My mom was on blood thinners and cut her self one night and I took her to the ER. It took for ever to stop the bleeding.
    Your a good guy
    Bill

9. kyredneck

kyredneck New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    "....I swear the daughter wants her mom to kick so she can get her inheritance..."

Careful. Things are not always what they seem.

Scott, IMO, you did your duty and are to be commended for it.

10. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Larry's right on this one...things aren't always what they seem. If you are blessed to have an eighty-four year-old mother-in-law whom is being cared for by your wife, then you just might understand.

When momma says it's alright, it's alright...daughter knows to simply agree.

Daughter is to momma what George Bush is to Democrats...the source and direct cause of all evil in the world.

Of course, only strangers are deserving of a smile and endearing compliments, much to the dismay of daughter who is treated like dirt.

When all is said and done, however, it is the daughter that is expected to do everything, NOW, and without one complaint.

11. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania

Its one thing if momma doesnt want to finish her veggies or take a nap, its another when she's on blood thinners with a bad laceration and is bleeding out. My mom is disabled. she had a bad cold kept saying she's alright. when I got tired of her refusing to go to the doctor because she was getting worse, I called for an ambulance. she ended up having pneumonia and nearly died. 2 days in the hospital she was wondering how she got there. if i'd listened I'd have been an orphan. the elderly dont always know their not ok or willing to admit it.

12. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    HEY!!! I resemble that remark! Uhhhh, I mean resent!:smile2:

13. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania

To be honest I think I work with your dopleganger. her name is heather and has a close resemblence to you. Do you have kin in Pennsylvania?

14. Dadoftwo

Dadoftwo New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Unfortunately this type of behavior is rampid. I run nursing facilities and see this type of behavior from the kids often. That is why I do this type of work, trying to protect the elderly as much as possible. I have to say the ones that want to be there for their parents can be horrible to get along with because they think everything should be perfect which it is not. Anyway, thanks for sharing your story with us. It is sad to see people treated in this manner especially by their own children.