I have seen the LIGHT-I want more!

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by postbeetle, Jun 18, 2007.

1. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Just got back from fishin' Wife is gone, chores were done and I didn't feel like mowing the lawn. Went fishin' not expecting to catch anything. I have caught many fish over my years, mostly bass, walleyes, trout and pike. Hoping to catch a channel, my cut bait (shellcracker) hit the water and took off when it hit the bottom. Felt like a typical 8lb or so channel. By gosh and by golly when I netted it, it was a 4 lb. flathead. First one I have ever caught. It was almost as beautiful as the gar I caught last week. He had swallowed the hook clear to the back of his gullet. I was able to practically insert my whole hand with my forceps to dislodge the hook. Not a dinky mouth like a channel. Even at 4 lbs this guys mouth opening was huge. I put him in my 50 gallon water barrel and brought him home to put in my black bullhead infested pond. I will guarantee you those bullheads now have a new bear in the woods to deal with. I want more!

2. bodi

bodi New Member

State:
    missouri
    if you want to catch more than i suggest that you find a nice river go get you some black perch about 1 to 2 inches long hook him in the back behind the dorsal fin still alive and wait for the action to begin

3. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Congrats on your first flathead now you have the fever.

4. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    save some of those black bullheads and stik a hook in them.they catch larger flatheads .and they live forever

5. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    Congrats on the flattie. I fish a pond that used to produce as much as thirty bullhead an outting...But there was probably ten flathead thrown in there, so now it's odd to catch more than six a night. Which is a good thing, so we can spend more time catchin' the channels. Throw a few more in there and your bullhead pond will be cleaned out in no time:big_smile:.

-Red

6. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I know you enjoyed that little fight! Now go get some of them black bullheads and see if you can catch a bigger one and give us a picture! Thanks a million for sharing.:big_smile:

7. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Glad to hear you caught your first flattie, im sure there is a hawg in there with yer name on it--go gettum John!!