I Have Obtained my PB

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by river1214rat, Dec 2, 2007.

1. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    Today may have been my last day out on the Ohio this year. Today I can honestly say I finished with my PB. It wasn't a blue or a flathead...it was being able to take the boat, back it put it in, go out by myself (rivers up, severly overcast, fish for 30 minutes, heavy rain came in,fog moving in quick) and take up anchor and head back to the Salt River, bring the trailer back down, load the boat (1st try) and pull her out. I did have one nice bite :roll_eyes:
    I owe this to the fellowship and good basic knowledge that I have gained since I joined the BOC. My technique has changed, knowledge of the river and where to fish has improved, and how to fix things on the boat when it doesn't want to run right. I also have to give credit to my boyfriend who is supportive and allows me to learn from him and do on my own. This year is learning the basics, but Steve and Paul, look out for next year I will give you a run for your money:tounge_out:

Linda
    :0a20:

2. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    congrats on the boat handling.getting it on the first try u are already ahead of 75% of the rest of us on our first try.

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Sounds like you're a git er done kind of gal,keep it up and congrats.

4. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    WAY TO GO...................!

5. Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Kentucky
    now linda dont pack it so early, there will be better days to come. you will just have to plan for those warmer dec/jan./feb/ days . this ky climate should allow you an opprotunity to land a new pb. some of the best fishin is still to come . your chances of landiong a 30lb plus fish are great right now .water temp is 46 degrees the fish should now be in there wintering holes . find the right hole and there are plenty of them in your area, and you can catch as many as 20 fish or more one spot, and you wont even have to move . so just cause the calender says dec/ jan. doesnt mean you have to quit fishing so grab you some good coveralls and warm shoes and head gear and give it a try you wont be sorry .the fish are real predictable right now good luck hope to see ya out there

steve

6. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    I don't want to pack it in yet, but we need to return the boat we borrowed, our "yacht" 14 ft v-hull needs to have trailer and motor overhaul to make it safe to go out by myself, and my fishing partner is facing knee replacement if VA ever s---- and gets off the pot and do something about it, which will be probably late Dec or early January. He can no longer stand the cold or dampness which is causing extreme pain in the knee. What if I catch a really big fish by myself? How do i handle it. I know you all do it all of the time, but you have more muscles than I do. Plus I want the PICTURE :wink:. Any suggestions???????

7. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Way to go, Linda - you definitely can be proud of yourself :003:

8. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Linda,
    As before you are using good judgement in wanting to get the boat ship-shape rather than putting the need to get that biggun over safety.
    Your day is coming...W

9. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    Linda,
    Congrats and job well done on your mastering the handling of the boat and trailer. Most of us guys dont get the first time. It just takes time and practice, just like the fishing, you always learn as you go along. Keep it up, your date with that Ohio River hawg will come soon enough.

10. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Congrats on being able to do all those things by yourself. There are many out there that can't do what you have accomplished..

11. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Nothing like getting back!!!:eek:oooh::smile2:

12. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    It's nice to see you enjoy the whole picture, not just the catching fish part. I'm proud of ya Linda ; ) great job !!

-Jim-

13. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    Paul, I started fishing the river from the bank, loved it, then came THE BOAT. Kinda forgot about grabbing my gear and walking down to the bank, heck theres even docks down there somewhere, but a bog ole tree to sit on will be just great. Thanks!!! :0a18: