I have Kidney stones!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Believer, Jul 3, 2006.

1. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    I knew it would happen at some point. My mom, dad, and one brother have all had them. Dad has had around 30 episodes of them over the past 30 years.
    Went to the ER this morning and they did a cat scan. Said that I have a 4mm stone. It has made it out of the kidney and is almost to the bladder. They said I also have some cysts in my kidneys, but that is pretty common and nothing to worry about.
    The pain seems to come and go, Man I wish it would just GO! :big_smile:

Eric

2. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    There just ain't no other word for it, buddy....that sucks... My sympathies....

-Red

3. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    Hey Believer welcome to the world of intense pain and the closest thing to the pain of childbirth men will ever experience lol been there done that a few times now. Good luck to you on it and drink lots of water.

4. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    I had one, man they hurt I went to the ER and had a b.... for a nurse. Like I wasn't in enough pain with out putting up with her sh..

5. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    At least you ain't had to break open the "Peperation H" lol

-Red

6. Ironhead

Ironhead New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Praying for you. Hope it passes soon.

7. YeeHaw

YeeHaw New Member

State:
    Quincy Illinois
    Prayers coming to ya from your Quincy brother.

8. safetybass

safetybass New Member

State:
    Missouri
    The pain will eventually GO. Then, so can you! :eek:oooh:

It's only pain, it's not really going to fall off. :crazy: Sorry to be humerous at your expense. Been there. Keep drinking that water. "cause they won't let you have beer at the hospital. The sooner that thing flushes out, the happier you'll be. :feel_good:

9. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    I've have passed 8 kideny stones over the past 10 years and still have 2 more in the right kidney and one in the left. I have managed to avoid a medical procedures so far. Stay away from tea, iced tea, coffee, soda as much as possible if the stone is calcium oxylate. Once it gets to the bladder you are home free brother. The first stone I got was a fast mover, meaning that it traveled the ureter in a short amount of time causing the most intense pain I have ever experienced. I had a few fast moving stones and a few larger stones (8mm size) that took a long time to travel from the kidney to the bladder. There is a theory that calcium oxylate stones form due to a deficiency of calcium in the body. My older brother just got his first stone three weeks ago and had the procedure or scope to remove the stone, then a stent was installed.

GOOD LUCK! I know the pain...lol

10. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    All I can say is ouch. That really sucks brother. I have never had them nor do I want too. I drink a ton of water so I hope this will help advoid that. Prayers are sent for ya.

11. kccats

kccats New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    Ive only had them once... and once is enough.
    The key is LOTS OF WATER. You want to get it pushed out as quickly as possible. Like another said, your home free once it gets to the bladder.
    Pray a lot, that helps!

12. Darrell

Darrell New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I had a stone removed and keep in a medicine bottle on the window sill back home. If you look at it under my kids microscope it looks like the meteor off of Armageddon! Spikes coming out in all directions. Just think of that thing ripping through the old pipe! WOW!!! It was painfull and I thought I was going to die but I lived through it obviously. I hope it never happens again.

D

13. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    holy crap you guys are scarin the hell out of me Im thinkin I should just go and cut it off right now if they hurt that bad passin through that ity bitty hole

14. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey

15. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Ouch! I feel for you. How about that new treatment I heard about where they use some sort of ultra sound to shatter the stones into tiny pieces? I've heard that it is easy and fast.

16. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have had them, noting more painfull than those things...I think the last one I passed was the size of a freight train

17. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Hey Billie, they call it "Lithotripsy" They put you in a tub of water and sent focused ultra sonic waves to shatter the stone, but it only works if they can get the right angle. Lithotripsy can sometimes bruise the large intestine. and after it is shattered you still have to pass all the pieces. Man I wish I didn't know so much about these little demons. lol

18. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Sorry to hear that. I am sure the doctor told you to lay off of sweet tea, carbonated drinks(mixed drinks included) and greens. Drink lots of water and so on.

19. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    you guys are gonna have me in the docters office first thing wednesday morning if this keeps up Maybe we should move this to the H.I. cause im sweatin bullets over here Hunny does it look like I got kidney stones [damnit Terry pull yer pants up you cant tell from lookin there ya retart] The little lady says im crazy

20. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    God bless and best of luck. Hope it's not too painful for you. Happy 4th.