I have just found a handy dandy little dude.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by pk_powell, Jun 14, 2007.

1. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    For those of you who enjoy fishing with Chicken livers and Nightcrawlers.Some guy down in Texas invented it and I personally think it's kinda neat. It's called a bait Saver.What it is,is a little cage apparatus with the hook of your own desire. It measures 2"x1" and it has a lid where by you can place your bait inside snap it shut and throw it out. The fish can smell it and taste it but can't steal it. If they go to bite it all they get is the hook. I was wondering if anyone else had seen this,it sells for a little over $6 bucks. Sure beats reeling in and finding out they got the bait but not the hook. Me personally I think it'd work great for Chicken Livers as we all know they are really hard to keep on the hook unless they're doctored up. If anyone is interested shoot me a pm and I'll give ya the address and phone number to the place.--------Sister Pat:big_smile_2:

2. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    I have heard of them ,but have never used one. Can't even recall every seeing one for that matter. Howewver I can buy a whole lot of sewing thread for 6 bucks.Thats all I ever use and have now problem keeping CK on the hook.Probably agood idea but rather expensive if you lose very many.And I'm real good at losing hooks,not by big fish either.:roll_eyes:

3. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    I have always just used panty hose, besides looking silly going into buy them, they work great and very cheap

4. CantFish86

CantFish86 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    ive heard of but havent seen only thing ive seen is people using those catfish lures or what ever that you fill with a tube of stink bait and put liver in instead.

5. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Pat that is why here we use What is called Rooster livers. You can't beat them off your hook.
    I believe its the older laying chickens. As most livers you get anymore are from 6 week to 8 week old chickens. And the livers are not old enough to get old.
    Now take a chicken that is a year old or older. And there liver is tougher then leather.
    Works great and stays on the hook.
    Pete

6. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Thanks for the heads up.

I usually cure mine but this would be nice if in a pinch.

I love fishing with the hearts, you can usually catch several fish with em.

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Good Info Pat. Thanks for sharing.:lol::smile2:

8. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK

linky-dinky, Pat, linky-dinky:big_smile:
    post a link please:smile2:

9. CarolinaCats

CarolinaCats New Member

State:
    Rural Hall
    Sounds interesting to me. But im more incline to use panty hose myself. Of course I have the wife pick them up for me
    :tounge_out:

10. flaboy

flaboy New Member

State:
    Wedgefield, SC
    shucks, I thought you found a fixerupper man that would work cheap! LOL