I have had good luck with squid

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by kaleigh, Dec 6, 2005.

1. kaleigh

kaleigh New Member

State:
    Lehigh Valley Pa
    I put frozen squid chunks in a jar of menhadden oil,let soak for a while and then cut the squid up into bite size chunks.Works great for surf fishing at the Jersey shore.Caught Stripers and Bluefish on this bait.Also works well with shrimp! Has anyone else tried this type of bait?

2. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    I have yet to use squid here in tn. But when I lived in new jersey I would use it as bait in the ocean and bay and had decent success, but never flavored it with anything. I have had luck with shrimp as of late.

3. Tinboat

Tinboat New Member

State:
    Jonesboro, Arkansas
    I've caught a lot of fish in the Potomac on it..eaters..straight out of the package. It was not my most productive bait however.

4. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    When I lived in Florida, we used Squid and had good luck using it to catch bullheads. Have not used it here in Virginia, but I suppose it would result in the same success.

5. bigsammy

bigsammy New Member

State:
    Poteau ok
    When I was a kid it was great bait surf or boat fishin in the Ca ocean.Dont know about here in Ok.:cool:

6. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i've had good luck with squid too! rolled in flour and deep fried! yummy...:D

7. CatBusster

CatBusster New Member

State:
    Out Fishing

mmmmm squeeze of lemon

8. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Oh yeah, squid steaks and squid sandwiches, squid steak and eggs for breakfast! We would always buy food grade squid for bait because it was cheaper then the bait stores and in the rare occasion you didnt catch fish, you could still eat squid! I have never tried it in freshwater!

9. kaleigh

kaleigh New Member

State:
    Lehigh Valley Pa
    Had some luck with fresh shrimp! And if the day doesn't go to well,you can eat them as a snack.Some days,I eat more shrimp then the fish do.remember to bring some dipping sauce for them!!!!!!:0a26:

10. CatBusster

CatBusster New Member

State:
    Out Fishing
    do you guys get blocks of fermented shimp paste from oriental food shops? It used for chinese soups and fish dishes, Is excellent for fish attraction when grated and rubbed with crumb, dog / catfood, guts n stuff

11. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    i've never used squid in freshwater but in the ocean sandsharks love to eat them

12. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    I have used them off of piers in San Diego but never tried them in lakes and such...Oh well... another bait that I will have find at the store and test out. I know they are great battered and fried:002: