I have been in a slump!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by TA2D, Jun 14, 2006.

1. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    The past month or so, I have been in a catfish slump, I can't even get the skeeters to bite! Maybe I have too much on my mind, or as mellon posted, I am in search of the trophy and lost sight of why I love fishing in the first place. Let's see what do I have on my plate right now: college courses online (this is the first an hopefully the only time I start college), trying to buy a house which I should have closed on June 1, rent went up in my current place, my Jeep is acting up I think it has a gremlin (the other night I was driving home at night and all of the interior lights came on), fluctuating paychecks, sick kids (Harley has to have tubes put in his ears on the 29th), remodeling my new home if I ever get to close on it ( and finding the funds to do so), have to enroll in fall college soon(YIKES!), I have some CLEP tests that I need to do, my best two fishing buddies are gone (crayzeecade moved to California and Suddawg is in Kuwait), and I can't catch a catfish! I have taken my oldest son fishing a couple times and that is actually a blast once you get past the flying hooks. I need a vacation! Sorry had to vent a bit I will step down from my soap box of pity!

Aaron (who needs to catch a catfish even if it is a dink)

TA2D

2. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Well man sounds like things could be going better for you, but keep your chin up. If you keep fishing your sure to catch something. Just give everything some time and you'll get it all worked out.

3. cnwamw

cnwamw New Member

State:
    texas
    every thing will work out in the end

4. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas
    Ever try nitefishin'? Often times they bite better & you somehow have a lot less worries (at least in my case)

5. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I have tried all times of the day: early morning, afternoon, middle of the night, all I have had is on light bite and one softshelled turtle!

Aaron ( who cursed the turtle )

TA2D

6. mspratt

mspratt New Member

State:
    missouri
    If all else fails try this,here its what all u neb guys do:roll_eyes:

Attached Files:

7. LarryS

LarryS New Member

State:
    Clinton,Il
    Everything will work out in the end, keep plugging away and it will all be OK.

8. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas

Good one! If this method of fishing worked,we'd all be doin' it.

9. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Everyone has their ups and downs Aaron.You may not be able to see it but there is a light at the end of the tunnel,you just have to get there.Keep you faith and believe,you will be OK. The catfishing is still slow here because the best we can tell they are still doing their spawning thing...I have read several of your post and by doing so I can tell you are a good man that will make it...

10. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Hang in there Aaron It will all work out in the wash. I know Ive been there my Friend. I went drift Fishing yesterday at Desoto bend caught two Channels about 4#pounds each on cut bluegills they were both females and there bellys were full of eggs so I turned them back . I think there about ready to spawn now. Sat the 26 of june Desoto will be open for all night fishing from the bank or in a boat and you can fish it with a nebraska license because it an oxbow lake that use to be part of the river chanel. there are some big flats in there I personaly weighed one last year that went 50# pounds for the man as he dident have a large enough scale.Maybe you can change your luck God bless and be safe your friend J.D. straka AKA Bigcatman0816.