I have a wish!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by pk_powell, May 26, 2007.

1. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I don't want to be pushy or arrogant in anyway,neither do i wish to make anyone uncomfortable.I may not be a "good ole boy" but I still adore going fishing.My wish is that I had a BOC Brother or Sister who lived close enough to that would send me a PM and ask me to go fishing with them. I don't mind going alone I reckon,but it just nicer to have someone to talk too. My husband hurts most of the time and he gets uncomfortable sitting around waiting for a bite. Me on the other hand I feel very relaxed to just sit and talk and wait for the cats to bite.My husband doesn't mind if I go he knows I dearly love to fish so if anyone reads this and is close by where I live if yawant a fishing partner drop me a pm. It doesn't matter about a boat,that would be great but it's not absolutely essential to me.Just mainly someone to set and talk too while waiting for the fish to bite Thanks for allowing me to say this on the board!:big_smile:Truly just some clean old fashioned fun is all I want.Again many thanks!!!:embarrassed_2::smile:

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    wish I was closer to ya Pat but I hope some of the other members will help you out.

3. catstalker459

catstalker459 New Member

State:
    state line city, indiana
    well i am indiana and maybe i can arrange somethin for ya

4. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Well Pat I would certainly be happy to fish with you but we are quite a distance apart!:sad2: I hope you can find someone more local that you can hook up with!:big_smile:

5. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Move to Ohio and we can fish anytime Pat. :big_smile:

6. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I live in the Northwest corner of Missouri,unless you are planning a vacation of sorts down here but wow that's quite a ways to travel to go fishing! I truly appreciate you Brother!!:big_smile::big_smile:

7. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Keep tell you all to move to my side of the state ,then we'd both have fishing partners.

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Pat if you caught a bigger fish than one of the brothers, would you tell it? Most of the men have this fear.:wink:

9. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I know the feeling.... My fishing buddy has left me to my own devices... He's movin' to Yuma...:sad2:

Ol' Man
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    My mind contains many good ideas, but it is not always easy to squeeze one out.

10. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I don't think any of the menfolk would have to worry.I seem to have great difficulties in catching a prize sized fish.I'm doing real good if I catch pan sized! That's another reason for me wanting a fishing partner.Someone who can give me a few pointers.I have fished eversince I was a young girl but never have I caught and landed anything big. I have been on this board almost 2 years and the tips and information one can get here is staggering. I still have an awful lot to learn though.It would just be so neat to me to be able to just sit down and spend some quality time with a fisherman or fisherwoman from the Boc and visit and fish! It would truly be a blessing for me!:big_smile:

11. bilyjojimbob

bilyjojimbob New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I have the same prlblems sometimes. Both of my usual partners have bad legs. That means that sometimes I get ready to go and get all the bait Ill need and sit at home waiting for anyone to come by to fish with. I dont like fishing by myself because my wife and kids cant afford to lose me due to an accident or someone hurting me at the dock. And its REALLY boring sitting on the river bank by yourself. I truely hope someone will be able to help.

12. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    Pat,

i wish I was close enough, Id take ya with me! :wink:

Id love to have the time to be by myself! All alone with no one to talk with. Just peaceful!

13. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Just wanted to say I am more than willing to meet someone in St. Joseph Missouri if they'd want to go fishing with me! I know where the boatdock is down there at French Bottoms. Or if anyone would want to meet me in Savannah Missouri there is a resivoir there that suppose to have some good sized cats in it. Just trying to make it easy for people who live in Missouri and are fairly close to get together! I know what with this rain we've been having the fish should be biting somewhere. Just thought I'd post and see if any Misouri people would be interested! I honestly believe I could set in the shade all day and fish if I had someone else there to visit with! Thanks to everyone who did respond just wish ya wasn't so far away! Thanks-----Pat:big_smile:

14. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    well im in south central nebraska so im probably about 4 hours away.. one problem though, i dont have something to drive. baker and i would be happy to fish with you if we found a way down there.

15. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I'm still looking for a good fishing buddy that can teach me how to fish, too, Pat! I'll have to join the others in admitting that I'm quite a distance away, but it sure is pretty out here--you could always move this way! :lol:

16. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    PAT,IN MY BOOK YOUR JUST A GOOD OLE' GAL AND IF WE LIVED CLOSER YOU WOULD BE INVITED TO FISH WITH ME ANYTIME!!

17. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    that you feel that way Gregg.It's very nice of you to say that. I wish you great fishing in Indiana Reps to ya Sir!:smile2:

18. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Pat

I still want to hook up with you one of these days and fish the mouth of the Nodaway. I've been on the road a lot this spring, but things should be settled down a little in a couple of weeks and maybe I can get up that way.

19. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    to fish with you,I'm just looking for a fishing buddy cause my husband just hurts and there are days he just doesn't feel like sitting there.It's so relaxing to me to be able to be on or near the water.When we went camping at the Missouri Gathering,I had no trouble sleeping in the tent I was out with the critters and it was a cool almost cold night. I tell ya I think that was the best sleep I'd had in years. I just love the outdoors and I love to fish!:big_smile:

20. Zombie76

Zombie76 New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I am new to the family here but, like Wil, I also live in South central Nebraska. If I could get the chance to head over your way, and do some fishing with you, It would be an honor. If the opportunity does present itself I will let you know.:cross: