I have a ton of puter probs.....

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Phil Washburn, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    there are some great threads and posts i want to reply to...lots of reps i need to give.....

hope to have things fixed this week, but may not be back on for a few days...glad to be part of this site - any BOC brothers and sisters have a new pc to donate?:big_smile:

just kidding, i'll have it fixed shortly:smile2:

2. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Phil,

Tell ya what, I'll bring ya my Suzuki Sidekick, you get it put all back together and running, and I'll get yer PC all fixed up for ya!

3. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    ya know, Tony, i was gonna take you up on that, but as luck would have it i got my puter fixed:big_smile:

4. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Phil,

I'll donate you mine and even ship it to you, FREE of charge. Gotta get "Back on Track" and learn to live life again, and that means without a computer.

I'm serious, just say the word, PM me your address and it's done.

Take care.
    Cheryl

5. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Phil. You know I've been there on puter problems. Takes me a lot of time cause of all my back up stuff. Money too. LOL. Seems once I get it working, I dont finish it. Since my last up grade, I still got stuff needs doing to it. LOL.
    Also wish I had a better connection.
    Now I need a new keyboard. Space bar/keys etc. aint working rigth. Got a hit it hard. Its all most time to make my year run to town. I'll add a new key board to my list. LOL.
    Hope you get yours going right.

6. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hey Phil,

(Disclaimer: I am no computer wiz!)

Nothing to do with your current situation, probably, but....

If you run Windows, do you go to the Windows Update site to get the critical updates? Have my pc set to get them automatically, but sometimes they don't get to me in a timely fashion. This morning I did my weekly check and sure enough, there were five critical updates ready to be downloaded. For anyone who's not aware, here's the link:
    http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/

Couple other things that've helped us keep our computers cleaned up =
    Registry Mechanic (have to pay for that one) and Ad Aware SE Personal (that one's free). Gets alot of the gunk out of the works and seems to make things run alot more smoothly. Oh, and you know about defragmenting your hard drive, right?

Hope someone can use this bit of trivia :smile2:

Carolyn