I have a report for the porterville area people

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by vini, Dec 23, 2007.

1. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    Girlfriends uncle caught a 30 lb and a 12 lb channel cat in Success lake this last week.

fish were both caught on SPOONS yes I said spoonI forget the name of them but they are sometimes used for ice fishing you attach the line to the center of the spoon/jig they are silver . What he explained was that this time of year the shad start dying and he thinks this spoon looks like a dying shad they fish them a foot or so off the bottom.

2. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    I have another report of large catfish being caught in Success lake i will be heading there sometime this week to try my rod at them, all being caught on jig type spoons should have pictures in a few days of whats been caught

3. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    Heres a couple caught last week there were 2 others of around the same size caught, i'm heading there this weekend for sure, will give an update after I get back hopefully with a few pics of a couple of these monster channels to show

Attached Files:

4. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Thanks for the post and infor Vini... good to see you out there and good luck with the comming weekend....Try some DK's as well....:006:

Bayrunner Ray

5. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Awesome Vince! Yep, i agree Ray.....Take some DK's too. Let us know how you do.

6. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    Took everything Shad , DK's, Liver, lures not a single bite, fishing off the bank doesn't get you out far enough into deeper water and thats where there at in the channels.

I saw the good pictures of the fish caught and there huge, 2 of them went 20 pounds. No one that I could see was catching fish not even the boaters, then the DFG pulled up to us on the banks he was in a boat with regular clothes on luckily I wasn't fishing haven't gotten my license just the boys were fishing.

There catching huge carp out there also on the lures even hopefully I'll get out with girlfriends uncle he knows how to fish that lake and where, he's a pro Bass fisherman was fishing a tournament at Millerton this weekend so he wasn't available to take us out.

So thats it fellers its was a nice day out though all and all the boys had fun.