i have a quick q and hopefully a quick responses

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by bigcat22, Aug 7, 2008.

1. bigcat22

bigcat22 New Member

State:
    iowa
    hey im from iowa but were lookin at land right next to the lake of the ozarks and i was jus wonderin how is the fishin down there and were going down there this weekend wat kind of bait should i use on the lake

2. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Well let us welcome you first and foremost. Look for the shad, blue gills, and if you wants so eaters get you some secret 7.

Look up Steve Brown the owner of Catfish Safari I know he'd be more than happy to help you.

3. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    what part of the lake , what mile marker ???

4. sigpros

sigpros Member

State:
    missouri
    I fished around the 65MM last weekend. Caught a few on fresh shad,goldfish and some anise liver. Hope this helps. The biggest fish we caught was a 12lb blue.

5. daddio

daddio New Member

State:
    kansas
    before i bought any property at the lake i would like to know what the water level is when lake is low if i would have known to ask 30yrs ago i wouldnt have to take my boat to the public boat ramps during low times I have seen it so dry at the docks you could drive a car across the cove

6. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    That was good advice from Ted. Definitely check the depth of water out with the future neighbors for low water conditions. Some of those coves are very shallow and access is limited. Right now Lake Ozarks is still up from what they normally keep it at. Those mud flats can sure sneak up on you down there.