I Have A Question ?

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by Michael, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Michael

Michael New Member

State:
    Clarksville TN
    It seems like i always have this problem of my live-wells smelling really bad of fish oder. is there a home remedy that i can use to keep the smell down like some sort of powder or spray or homemade stuff that will not kill the fish in the tank when i fill it up ? something that does'nt require me scrubing the tanks down after every trip something i can just put in there and be done with it.?

2. dankitch

dankitch New Member

State:
    Henderson,
    Try a box of Arm & Hammer baking soda. It works in my deep freeze to keep the skipjack smell to a minimum.

3. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Yes, Try rinsing it out when you get home to get the slime and scales out of it. Don't let it dry out before you rinse it!!!

4. TN-CATFISHER

TN-CATFISHER New Member

State:
    Cannon County, Middle TN
    Yeah, I don't think you're going to be able to skip that step of washing it out Michael. I don't scrub the livewell, but I spray it with pretty high pressure water and leave it out in the sun/wind to dry for several hours before bringing it in the garage. Then I leave all the hatches on the boat open till everything is completely dry, usually in a day or two. It's usually from things being damp that you get odors. :big_smile: