I have a question...

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSISSIPPI TALK' started by rebelzgrl76, May 10, 2006.

1. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    I have been seeing the little green and yellow squares beside members names and the reputaion numbers. Can someone please explain to me what they mean.

Confussed :confused2:

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Look under the General Discussion Topic, about 2nd or third page for a post titled something like "Reputation Manual". Think that will answer your question.

3. Eithne

Eithne New Member

State:
    OK
    Amy, here's a basic explanation of the colored boxes:
    a red box indicates negative points
    a yellow box indicates no points, negative or positive
    a green box indicates positive points

One green box means you have points within the 0-99 range. Two indicates points from 100-199. So on and so forth. The number next to the boxes is that person's number of reputation points.

Rep Power is the amount of points you can give to another member with positive reputation or take away with negative reputation.

I hope this helps. If you have any more questions, here is the link to the Member Reputation Manual.

4. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    Thanks to the both of you for sharing.

5. kbebout

kbebout New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    It looks like i received negative rep points yesterday. Is there any way to know why you receive these points? There was no explanation about it.

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
  7. Chuckb

Chuckb New Member

State:
    Pana Illinois
    I just looked at all your post and couldn't find any that should have neg rep for?? So I will give you some rep to help get out of the hole.

8. kbebout

kbebout New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Well I guess someone didnt like me making posts just to get 10 so I could look at other peoples pictures. I don't know what else it could be. I havent made any other posts in a couple of months. I just check in about every day. I very rarely post. Just noticed I had 2 negative reps since yesterday and didnt know what that was. Plus it looks like the 5 posts I made yesterday were subtracted from the total posts I have made so far.

9. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    The mods may have deleted the posts for some reason,not sure I didn't see anything bad yesterday.I wouldn't pay too much mind to them just enjoy the wealth of info and great people here.

10. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I wasn't the one that gave you -reps but I did replace what you lost.
    I think that you upset someone with that 'Ten Posts" thing. I come here every day to share my knowledge and sense of humor with the Brothers and Sisters on the BOC. I am sure that you have something to share as well, be it humorous or serious or just plain nuts, LOL. We all have something to share on here. So post more often and don't be a stranger.

Your Ol'Buddy
    JW (Dreadnaught)

11. Chuckb

Chuckb New Member

State:
    Pana Illinois
    I know a lot of new people here want to see the pics as soon as possible and some people get mad when they try to make a bunch of post about nothing just to get to ten. Just answer some post with good info and you will be there before you know it. :haha:

12. kbebout

kbebout New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Oh, dont worry, i'm certainly not. I just didnt know what the "rep" thing was. Pretty goofy if you ask me and at least I am forthright enough to say it and not just make some sort of negative entry onto someone elses profile without at the very least some explanation. I appreciate others positive entries but they were unnecessary.

Thanks,

Kevin

13. kbebout

kbebout New Member

State:
    Tennessee

I didnt mean to upset anyone. I just did what I have seen others do here to get to see pictures. I was a member on the other server for 2-3 years before this new one was put online. I dont mind having to make the 10 posts if that is what is required. Others have made one post after another with no more than "this is number 6, 7, 8, etc." So I did the same.

Thanks again,

Kevin

14. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Yep you did no different than a lot of people.I've seen it done numerous times.Glad to have you with us still!!!

15. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    It seems to me that theres enough information to respond to and all without having to post things "This is number 7, 8, 9.." and so on. Kinda defeats the purpose of waiting really when ya think about it. Had to really really want to see that picture huh?
    I posted on a thread, I became a pin cushion for voicing my opinion and thoughts on the matter. I laughed it off because it was funny. But if I were a serious person it could've hurt my feelings.
    Regardless the matter, we'd still enjoy your input and thoughts. i encourage posting!! :big_smile: