i have a question for you guys

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by mr channel, Sep 19, 2005.

1. mr channel

mr channel New Member

State:
    sharpsville/kokomo Indiana
    i know this isnt about fishing but i live in tipton county and am a deer hunter without a woods anyone have some property they will be qwilling to let an old boy hunt on im desperate here let me know guys??? :confused:

2. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Indy
    Name:
    Eric
    If I owned land, I would let you hunt on it! Good luck!

3. mr channel

mr channel New Member

State:
    sharpsville/kokomo Indiana
    thanks for the luck bro

4. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    I haven't had much luck in my area either.Mainly 3 reasons.
    1)owners hunt themselves
    2)too many bad experiences with people they don't know
    3)lease money is hard for farmers to turn down

I've knocked on many a door.Make sure you dress nice,wash your car,and introduce yourself.Offer to help do some "grunt" work in the off season.Offer to share your harvest,thin out the doe herd,see if they have a coyote problem.Take your time and earn their trust.

I was able to get permission on 3 properties-one is for goose hunting-I help them pick pumpkins for halloween.The other 2 are for deer-but only after the hunt for themselves.

Put some effort into it,and don't give up.It may take years.

5. HoosierPoleCat

HoosierPoleCat New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Mr. Channel its getting like that all over. If your not a land owner & your looking for prime hunting you better get your wallet out. Atleast thats how it is up north here. They pay big buck for the "Big Bucks" lol Another opition is run an ad in the free ads paper. I have seen people do that before also. Good luck with it.

6. skippie2use

skippie2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I live on Brookville Lake and there is a lot of good hunting on Government land, although if you hunt close to parking it tends to get really cluttered. They best way is to not be afraid to walk a ways or to USE A BOAT TO get away from all of the other YAAHOOS!! If you have a boat there is a ton of good hunting on brookville lake with little hunting pressure. There are "check in stations" all over. U sighn in then can go where ever u want on the GOV. land.